Klipsch Heresy iv...Your experience.

Hi all. New here this is my first post. I am mulling over very seriously the Heresy iv's. I have heard some very good things about them. I would like to get the advice on any of you here who own them as to what the listener experience is with these speakers. I really want to pull the trigger on these speakers but here in Canada with taxes in they are close to 5K. I want them to be my last set ever. Right now I have a set of Proac Studio 118s. They are real nice But the Klipsch are calling me bad. Lol. I have a Rega Apollo cd player and a Nad M3 amp along with Van Den Hul inter connects and speaker cables. I have heard that the Heresy's real make the music come to life with a terrific impact. Any input from Heresy iv owners would be greatly appreciated.
deaconblue64
I'm curious to hear your feedback about the Heresy IV vs the Heresy III.

I have never heard the Heresy III, but I'm still blown away by my pair of Heresy IV.

My setup : Bluesound Node 2i --> Denafrips Ares II --> Exposure 3010S2 --> Heresy IV / SVS SB-3000
The IVs arrived and clearly need some break-in time...however, they're beautiful and have some interesting differences as well they should since it's an entire re-design of the III. I used a Stereophile test disc to see how low they could go and the reviews are accurate, but since it's ported you actually can get sound all the way down to 20hz (when raising the gain of course)....the IIIs just make no sound below 40 or so, although I can't remember exactly where they just stop. I have a couple of subs though so no biggy for me. The mid horn looks like a total redesign with a shallower exit and those "tractrix" lumps (the tweeter seems to have those also). I'l certainly be making more comments about them, but note my first impression was how damn good my IIIs are...hoping the IVs warm up soon.
If the Heresy IV is anything like the CWIV, which it is, you will hear some major changes after a hundred or so hours. They will relax, the mids will smooth out, and the bass will fill in.

Oz

The mid horn in the IV is such a different design from the III...the IV is a far shorter driver throat attached directly to the Tractrix horn flare (with a little dust cap in there), where the III seem like a complicated long chamber throat with a weird looking long pointed phase thing entering the throat. Take one apart like I did and you’ll see...very interesting. All new speakers I’ve owned (and headphones, and pro stuff)  vary in break-in time but I’ll be patient...if they don’t sound somewhat better than my IIIs I’ll move ’em on, but they are beautiful speakers. Note the drivers on the IVs all use hex head bolts into "T" nuts instead of the wood screws for the mid horn and tweeter on the III, and the woofer on the IV uses all the attachment points unlike the 4 bolts used on the III's woofer. A little more upscale all around...they moved the crossover to the side of the cab to make room for the tractrix port.