Diamond Stylus Enters the 4th Dimension

So, I went to play a Chet Baker Album last night. Lowered the arm, flipped og the mute switch and.......GARBAGE!

The cantilever looked fine. On examination with my USB microscope I confirmed a sullen fact. The diamond had gone AWOL. There is just a little glue left on the end of the cantilever which is completely undamaged. It is a Clearaudio Charisma cartridge.

Anyone ever have this happen? I played records the day before no problem. I did not take anything to the stylus brush or otherwise. I do use an Audio Technica tonearm lift but it's trigger mechanism is so light. I can't believe that did it and it certainly should not do it. IMHO the cantilever should break before the diamond gets knocked off. 

The cartridge is four months old and I got it from Elusive Disc. It has a two year warranty. Here is where the rubber hits the road. 
128x128mijostyn
@noromance I'm pretty sure that could not be good for your records. I always keep my lift up when not in play so I can't inadvertently do that. 
@lalitk I do believe the importer is Musical Surroundings. I've never heard of Charisma Audio.
@mijostyn Yeah, it was a stupid mistake of temporary gross hamfistedness. I was adjusting VTA with the arm in it’s friction clamp from which it escaped. I played half the side before intervening. Record seemed completely fine when played on other table.
^^^^Sorry, I got my vendors mixed up. I am going to be auditioning Charisma’s Signature One Moving Coil Cartridge very soon. 

http://www.charismaaudio.com/?page_id=4268
@lalitk do let us know how you like it. It looks like pretty standard construction, boron cantilever, stylus glued to the end just like the one I just lost:) 
Still waiting for a response from Elusive Disc.