Some have called it "the ultimate component", your listening room?

In reading, talking, buying and using good audio components the best sounds I have had were also the best rooms for sound quality.  My best room was 16 feet wide by 27 in length with a high ceiling, a fireplace, two large openings and 5 windows.  I believe what also made it work was the attention to and money I spent on window coverings, furniture and placement and dedicated power sources.  I have had good sound in other rooms, but that room seemed to be a good size and attention to things beyond the equipment seemed to be time well spent.  

Have you had settings/rooms that were a high point for sonics?.....hopefully your current room. 

whatjd
The room is just one item on a very long list of things that make for great sound. Don't blow it out of proportion.
@ whatjd, Yes, it is very important. Like jjss49 I designed my room when I built the house with acoustics in mind. I have much more uniform bass to start with. I did make one mistake and that was putting a window too close to the speaker on one side. When  it is time to redo the windows I may pull it out. In the meanwhile room control takes care of it. I put the importance just under the speakers second in line.