Budget Tube Preamp ($2000)

Hello guys,
First post here!

I am in the market for a tube preamplifier for my current system, to add a bit of warmth. My budget is under $2000, the cheaper the better, Mainly looking at the used market (I love great deals). 
My build currently:
- Monitor Audio Silver 300 speakers
- Project Debut Carbon Turntable
- Marantz Cd5005 CD player
- Cambridge Audio Azur 851N
- Rotel RB 1582 Mkii Power Amp

If you guys have suggestions, I appreciate it a lot! For the inputs, if the preamp has XLR that would be great as I'm currently running my Azur 851N to my amp through a balanced connection and it sounds pretty good. This is not completely necessary though. 

Thanks!

128x128saltboy
Used Modwright LS-100 is just in your budget limit. Very good preamp considering price/quality ratio and availability for upgrades (Phono stage or DAC) Roll it with better tubes choice and you in Shangri-la. Currently two of them are at USAM one new and another one used in very good condition with tubes upgrade. 
+1 on the Don Sachs recommendation.  I’m surprised more people haven’t jumped in and mentioned Don’s preamps.  If you want Don’s highest quality/most feature laden preamps and want to stay at $2000, you’ll have to look for a used preamp.   His very good quality preamps are a little over $2000 and you can always send them into Don and have the more expensive caps installed later.
I bought the CJ classic SE version 5 years ago and still use it, lovely sound. You should be able to get it used for less than 2K
You will see a number of people singing the praises of the Don Sachs preamp.  They are hand made, custom built, dressed up versions of the VTA SP14 kit. The Don Sachs preamp will run you about $2500. The base SP14 kit will run you $1090. Fully tested and assembled, it will run you $1490. There are options for better caps, remote control, attenuators, etc, all at a reasonable price more. The SP14 is very plain Jane if that's an issue for you.  

90% of those who buy the SP14 will get the kit version. Not all that hard to build. Excellent instructions and building it will result in you being much more involved in the sound. The SP14 is every bit as good as any of the other preamps mentioned here - Audio Research, Prima Luna, Manley, Cary Audio, etc.