Bluesound Vault Restore from Backup

To those of you out there using the Bluesound vault and the Bluesound back up software to backup all your music to an external HD, has anyone had to restore some or all your music from your back up? If yes, I would love to hear about your experiences.

llarry
I have not needed to back up, hopefully never. But I did find out that their backup software uses a type of Unix, so the backup drive cannot be copied to another drive or PC. So you actually don’t have a backup that is useful for anything else but to another Bluesound. You can back it up direct to a PC without their software but depending on several factors it might not work and if it does, it could take Days to do it. That said, I still love it. 
Well, deadhead, may I suggest that you do back up your vault. It WILL fail at some point. Guaranteed. It will NOT last forever and you will be very upset to lose all your music.  And I did read about the proprietary software which is why I’m seeking people who had real world experience restoring their music. I just want to make sure that it actually works. 
I had about a TB on my Vault but ultimately decided I would rather have my music on a NAS and was able to back up my Vault to a Synology NAS.  I still use the Vault2 in one system as the streamer to access the NAS.  In the Blue OS under folders, it offers both the NAS and the Vault2.  I have added more music to the NAS since doing this backup a couple of years ago.  The Synology NAS has a cloud back up function, hopefully it will never be required