Opinions on Parasound A21 & A21+

I have been informed that the sonics of both the older and new Parasound A21s are very similar.  I have never heard a Parasound product, let alone this model.  Forgetting for this moment system synergy, how good do you rate is this amplifier?  In basic sound character, is it a smooth operator with a non grainy, non fatiguing signature, that with proper systems matching will throw a 3d soundstage? Is it the entry-way to a high end, high power amplifier?  Please feel free to provide any down sides to this amplifier.  Last, what other amplifiers new or used in this $2,500-$3,100 price range would you consider?  I will mention that I generally hold onto my amplifiers for a long while so I prefer to buy new.

I have scoured and read many prior posts on this subject, but would just like some current opinions.  Thanks in advance.
jetter
Fwiw I've been running an A21+ for about 2 months now.  The right channel is almost completely dead now.  After 2 weeks it would take a long time for the right channel to start playing after system power up.  Now it just randomly cuts in and out.  I'm attempting to return it to my dealer, I want nothing to do with this.  So irritating given the price.
Here is an update on my amps;  I replaced the M700's with the BHK 250.
A nice upgrade, more detailed and smoother.  But between the BHK preamp and BHK amp I could not deal with the noise or hiss from my efficient B&W N802's.  I swapped in my Classe CA-2300 and a big improvement.  But when I swapped in my AudioNet Preamp (Pre 1 G3) I was astonished at the improvement in detail and quietness.  Oh yes the Parasounds...I currently own and have owned an A51, and A23 amps.  Never had an issue, last for years, solid sound and great value.  But not on par with the Classe or other newer amps listed here.  But you can't go wrong with any of the Halo amps IMHO.
The problem with comparing amps is that there are two variables that have nothing to do with the amp alone.

1. What speakers are they driving? If it is a speaker that presents a low impedance load (4 ohms and below), then an amp with a lot of current is going to sound better than one that has less. If the speakers are an easy load then the current of the amp is much less important.
2. What are your tastes? For example, I greatly prefer the Parasound JC 1 monoblocks--and even the A 21--over the Pass Labs XA 25, even though the XA 25 sounded more transparent and probably more refined. The reason is that both Parasound amps--especially the JC 1--offered considerably more dynamic slam and toe-tapping rhythmic drive. Someone with a different set of sonic priorities could very well come to a different conclusion.