What speakers have best bass for hip hop, and rock

I have revel studios and krell kav2250's bi amp, and I'm not that happy with the bass or soundstage. I recently heard a B&W 801N, liked it, and want to audition the new 802D. Any comments or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I really don't know what else is out there that would be good. As you see, I am mostly into "popular" music. Thanks.
chas68
With popular music, and especially hip-hop, you'll need a setup that excel at PRaT, vocal naturalness and not being hard-sounding with overly compressed productions. There are two setups, in my experience, which handles all of these three characteristics: Tannoy driven by Manley (as in mine own setup) or if you want an SS setup; a full Naim set. I guess there are a lot of great systems that can handle this kind of music. However, these are two possibilities that I have extensive experience with that can crank up the drive, flow and funk of rap.
I would use two really big powered subwoofers and nothing else. Other frequencies don't matter in this case. Try it and thank me later.
I agree with Cerwin=Vega. B&W is too expensive for what it is, and won't give you what you need...maybe with a 5000 watt amp.
Hard to believe you don't like the bass and sound stage of the Studio's . Have you checked the rest of your setup ? Iv'e heard the Studio one and two's in several setups and the bass was always excellent . Also thought the sound stage was at least on par with others in it's price range .
I have to disagree with some of the post in this thread. They have recommended good speakers in general but not what you are looking for. The Klipsch horns really do not go very deep in the bass. Yes they are loud but not deep. The bass in light and dynamic but not what a rap fan would want.

People in this forum are very knowledgeable but you are in the minority with your music tastes here and really need a different kind of speaker. Highend speakers will not have the bass balance you are looking for. The Studios have very good bass. It is textured flat and deep, I think the part you do not like is the tonally flat bass.

Before you buy new pricy speakers you should buy a used sub or two off of Audiogon. Try a high crossover point of 60-80hz and turn them up until your heart is content. I would not run the subs over top the mains with such a high setting with out high passing the speakers or it will sound a little discontinuous in the bass.

Pro audio speakers may work for you too.