Tannoy Monitor Red 15" set up

I just acquired a pair of Tannoy Monitor Red 15" matched pair cabinet speakers.
The cabinets are in great shape.
They are 15 ohm speakers.
What would be the best components to drive them since they are 15 ohm speakers.
I want to get the most out of these speakers.
Does upgrading the cabinets make them sound better?
Thanks
kanchi647
Kanch, I've only owned two sets of Tannoys, both of them 12", first an MG set, and then what I'm using now, the HPD 315. They are in cabinets that are 150 liter bass-reflex.

The cabinets are made from 3/4"  MDF laminated to 1 1/8" outer MDF. They each weigh 192lbs. without driver and crossovers. They sound perfect to my ears. I recommend you look up Hans Hilberink's Tannoy website, just Google it.

Those are some very fine drivers, if they are matched with the right cabinet, and the right room, (and crossovers), they will sound fantastic.

I use my 12" HPDs in a very large room, and they don't disappoint. You can take a look at my speakers on Virtual Systems, under "Done For Now", named "The Summit".

Best of luck. You will be richly rewarded  when they are done.

Regards,
Dan
@islandmandan wow!! 192lb each!!! Can you share the cabinet build specs with me.
Do you have any videos building the cabinets.
My current room is only 13' wide, 28' long and 8' high.
I have a large unfinished basement area which I want to convert to listening room sometime in the future.
I am really impressed by these DIY cabinets 
https://www.stereo.net.au/forums/topic/88590-tannoy-westminster-se-build/
are your cabinets easier to build than the above.
westminster seem to be horn speaker build.
Thanks!!

Kanchi, My cabinets are easier to build than the Westminsters, to be sure. I think in the case of your 15" drivers you would want a bit larger enclosure, 200-300 liters. I would do as much research as you can, and be sure to look for info at Hans' Hilberink's Tannoy website.

I haven't been able to post  any attachments to Audiogon's forum, so for now, I won't be able to furnish any plans for you.

Best of luck,
Dan