Amp repair cost — is this right?

I recently sent my Musical Fidelity a308cr power amp off to be recapped. This amp is somewhere around 16-18 years old and one of the power caps failed. I contacted Musical Fidelity and sent it to a repair shop they recommended. Today I received an estimate to replace 18 caps, 8 of which are large power caps, resolder the boards, and re-bias the transistors. Basically a full overhaul. The quote I received, including return shipping (prob around $100) Is over $1,300 which possibly exceeds the value of the amp. That doesn’t include the $115 it cost me to ship it out. Having never had an overhaul done on a power amp like this, I’m wondering if anyone with experience can tell me if this sounds right. I guess I was expecting something more like $600-$800 but I don’t know why since I really don’t have a frame of reference. Perhaps it was the assumption it might be 4 hours labor (say $400) plus max $200 for caps. Is $1,300+ on track? Either way I’m going to be out the shipping cost plus a $160 fee paid for the estimate.
jnehma1
jnehma1,
I agree with Ralph in that a good shop needs to charge more to make a profit. I go by reputation, and if you find a good tech, the money spent is worth it for the piece of mind. 
I haven't been following this thread, but I would say that if you love this amp for what it is, and you intend to use it, then go ahead and invest in the repair if the tech is someone you can trust. I am fortunate to have a great tech that I trust, and I have spent more money upgrading my old Mac 2105 than most people would consider wise, but I love it, so it is right for me. 
@joecasey How exactly do you figure that? The bathroom guy clearly included labor costs of $50 per hour into his estimate, and $50 is a common hourly rate for a contractor. Reading comprehension is a good thing.
Reach out to bigkidz. He is on this forum and has been building and repairing amps for many years. His creations are top notch and his repair work is as good as it gets and very reasonably priced. He is currently working on one of my amps.
Had several amps recapped and re-biased by a qualified technician. The price quoted is within reason.
In Australia a "reputable repair shop" charges $115-$130aud per hr that $80-$90usd.
Like I said it would take a tech that "cares" about a day to do this properly heat soaked and biased back up. And then there’s the "quality" parts 16 x large power supply caps
https://www.newark.com/cornell-dubilier/381ll682m063a052/cap-6800uf-63v-alu-elec-snap-in/dp/54AH2158...
and around 20 smaller electrolytic caps.
THE PRICE SEEMS FAIR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Cheers George