why a 75 dollar blue ray smokes all 2k CD players and any turntable???

Funny story,
I posted a pic of my turntable spinning an lp for a social media fan site for a specific band.I got a response by a guy," OH my it sounds so much better then a cd" my response was basically its all up for debate and in many ways digital is superior on paper and I enjoy both.This is his response..  ENJOY...

interesting that the world of true audio quality has been grossly mis-represented in the market place. This has mainly been driven by Hi-Fi Press and marketing vogue that perpetuate the myths that what makes a great audio system is some exotic, very expensive speaker cables, a 'high end ' player and some exotic amp. Its also true that vintage audio products like valve amps and vinyl are creeping back into fashion - more of a symptom of the issue that audio quality has for the most part reached an impasse.

The main culprit - loudspeakers represent the main ceiling on audio quality and this really has not changed for many decades. Put simply if you change the speakers to something that really does the sound transduction step (the most compromised part of the audio chain) much better then you begin to see the leap in improvement that is possible. For the most part the amp (as long as it is solid state and has decent power output) and the cable (as long as it is something a bit thicker than human hair) makes little to no audible difference to audio quality.

The type of CD player does not matter either, as the speakers  introduce a degree of distortion and degradation that commonly outweighs any differences my many orders of magnitude.  We have had really good reviews by the audio press but they still don't want to admit that the latest exotic looking £2000 CD player really does nothing special but helps sell magazines so perpetuating the scam! Ridiculous really when you can get a BD player for £40 that trumps the CD spec in every aspect! Don't get me started on vinyl!S

128x128oleschool
Loudspeakers do distort the most however modern drivers with symmetrical magnet systems and have distortion that is magnitudes lower any mass market driver. Also of note is that driver distortion is primarily 2nd harmonic which is far less objectionable than higher order odd harmonic. In my system the digital playback was for the longest time the limiting factor as all of the speakers I have had for the last 20 years have been types with vanishingly low distortion. When the system is up to par the quality of the source is paramount. When there are lots of compromised component choices you are just shuffling cards around. 

In reality this is the oldest argument there is but with a fresh twist. You can not tell crap when its played through a poor setup.
"why a 75 dollar blue ray smokes all 2k CD players and any turntable???"
This might be true, if digitally connected a mediocre multichannel receiver with really bad phono-in.

A   "75 dollar blue ray " is some cheap mechanic - which mainly works or does not - and a DAC with powersupply.
The DAC chip will convert internally to 1 or 4 bit, because that is what cheap Delta-Sigma DAC chips fo. This does not make too much damage, given that the tiny tiny powersupply is not giving consistent support allowing for a proper tonality.
The better mastering of the Blue Ray Disk might sound better than the loudnesswar mastered CDs OLSCHOOL usually listens to, though.

I have more than a dozen recordings, originally done before digital mastering, on both vinyl and digital.  While there are real differences between them, I find neither to be superior.  There are things I like about each that are better than the other, and none of them surpass the sheer enjoyment of the music itself.

I still have the first LP I ever bought, while in high school back in 1968.  I have many LPs that will never make it to digital.  But for newbies, vinyl is just not cost effective.

I run a $200 Tascam CD player with an optical link to a good DAC.  Digital data is reliably transported.  That's why we like it.   The difference is all in the DAC.   All CD and DVD players have one built-in, but they are typically pretty cheap.  They sound OK, but taking a direct digital feed from a cheap player to a good DAC will give you very happy results.