Marantz SA-1 holding up well agains next gen.?

How do people feel the Marantz SA-1 is holding up against some of the newer SACD and redbook players? I am particularly interested in comparison with the SA-11s1. Thanks.

--will
wrtickle
Post removed 
Brian, I hear ya buddy, but hey, I am workin it, how bout you? Riemyo your flavor of the month now? Ya got your system working properly yet? I remember when I got to your placde exactly at 1 pm, the time you requested, there was a note saying you were running late, so, I went to pick up a couple bottles of BV Tapestry, 1997, 100 a bottle. When I went to find them in you kitchen, I could not. You put them in the FREEZER........whoa nelly....I look at fine audio, like fine wine...I gotta take care of it properly. I remember this cause, WOW, was I looking forward to hearing your AMAZING system. I also remember your teling me excuses why your system sounded so off that day.

Talk about disappointment. Then you continually snub your nose at MY SYSTEM, well I tell you, it is not only MY opinion, but that of a few others who heard yours that same day. These people felt my IYO, inferior system sounded as good or better than your 100K plus system.

Remember when we were playing Chuck Mangione, Children of sanchez, and when the Bass drums came on, your speakers almost collapsed? You RAN to the Blowtorch to turn it down. I dunno, but I was not impressed, especially with your condensending attitude towards my system, which is a work in progress. Yeah, buddy, keep up the great work. I will invite ya over in a couple more months, when I am done. Than you can really tell me whatcha think.

Remember Brian, Big dollar systems do not mean they are supperior, they just mean they cost more. I have not said anything about that day, but, buddy, keep your house cleaner, man, when I was looking for the wine, I opened your frig, and WHOA, mold, gross mold. All I can advise is to get yoru house in order, and your priorities sorted out. Thats my New Years resolution. I would be more than happy to come by again, but, only after the cleaning crews been inn. I was itching for a week buddy, oh, I almost forgot....what was the deal with the accusations of someone stealing the Nils Lofgren cd?, YOU left it in my player........anyway, thanks for all the knowledge you imparted.

Meery Christmas, and Happy New Year

Steve
Tvad-

Not trying to distort facts to make a case and I apologize if it appeared that way. I just did a quick search.

The basic point is that the original buyer for new digital units, and modded digital units takes a hit when selling.
This is not really a reflection on the quality of the actual unit-it is just what happens.
We all know that APL does excellent work as does TRL.

I recently saw an incredible deal for a pair of Parasound JC-1's modded by Steve Nugent that a person was selling.
Probably hard to find a better amp period at any price but even those were discounted substantially by the original buyer.

This is a crazy hobby.
Thank you Tvad! The McIntosh is a current player, but it was one of those "please mod it so it sounds better than my Samsung HD841 $299 player" local SF Bay Area jobs. Although it turned out quite nice sounding, I have not done any more of these, nor will I in the future. It has NO tube stage in it. The DV-50 job was a little more extended than the one stated at $1500 on my site because I have implemented 4 AKM DACs per channel on it. There is NO tube stage in it as well. Both of these are ALL Solid State with MOSFET Class A output.

The point is that, out of close to 100 Denon 3910 APL re-designs sold, there are none for sale anywhere at any price. To be fair, I have to say that there was one guy who sold his APL 3910 because it was not good enough to "calm down" the rest of his audio system. This one was sold 2 hours after it was posted for sale. You can read the Audiogon review the new owner posted for it here: http://forum.audiogon.com/cgi-bin/frr.pl?rdgtl&1129336497&read&3&4&

Audiogon IS the World's best Audio Market Place, but there are NONE flagship APL products listed for sale on it. Sorry to say, this is rather very strange.

Jack, LuckyDog, et all, I have found the World's best "Epoxy for beginners" book. Please do not hesitate to email me with a request for it. I will be MOST happy to forward a copy to you at my cost.

Happy Holidays!

Alex Peychev
Alex: Thank you for your most generous offer for the book, but no thanks, I have no personal interest in becoming a digital player modifier. And, I'm happy with the service and house sound that TRL offers me.

If you want to send me a large print of the Saint James Bible, I'd appreciate that. (Some days it is hard to read the smaller print later at night).

I sincerely wish you, TVAD, and Steve Milin the best this coming year.

Happy Holidays,

Jack