Marantz SA-1 holding up well agains next gen.?

How do people feel the Marantz SA-1 is holding up against some of the newer SACD and redbook players? I am particularly interested in comparison with the SA-11s1. Thanks.

--will
wrtickle
Lkdog, "Sarcasm gets you no where".

By the looks of your system you have a very , very long way before you are in the Big Leagues. Maybe you should put more energy into your system then trying to start trouble.
Funny statement from a man with SA-1'a and SA-2's with a stock SA-1 Marantz.

I've auditioned the SA-1, owned the modified 14, and heard the SA-11 in a syatem identical to mine. Of the three, I'd take the modified 14 any day over the other two.

Then again, I would take the DVP-NS900V modified over all three ... :)
MrChips-

Ironically, the SA1 player you worship at the altar of Audio Dogmatism has been directly compared by several people (including some in this very thread) to the actual digital front end in my system.
Many people prefer the modded TRL SA14 over the stock SA 1 that have heard both or who have had both. At a minimum, there are things they like about each and it is a difficult call.
You should have a more open mind.
Technology marches on and modded players by and large usually eclipse anything any large manufacturers are able to engineer and develop.

Enjoy your SA1.
Lkdog, Jack, If the TRL is so great, how come they are resold very often, and at no more than stock units, in most situations. Boy oh boy, even Bariyani is having to discount his SA14. Why is this....then you have the balls to knock other forum members? I have not been posting primarily due to your attacks against me. Now I see you guys attacking others. It serves no ones best interests. I happen to like the Marantz units, yes, stock and all. I believe they are very good. The SA-1 is ROCK solid, well made. I dunno about the comparison with a Patek(which I collect)as they are hand made by world class experts. But this is one hellofaunit, and IMHO blows away the TRL SA14.

Steve
711smilin-

Thanks for your typical insightful input Steve. :)
As for how much modded units sell for- no one ever gets what they invest into a modded unit. That is a fact of audiophile buying and selling. It does seem better to lose a few hundred than a few thousand like you will with other modders.
As for why people sell TRL units-they have done over 600 digital mods in the past year alone. Of course units will get resold on the AG market. It just creates great deals for someone else. People like to try different things in this hobby - you know that better than anyone.

Have a Merry Christmas and try and be more positive next year. :)