Krell Trio 300 vs. Krell Trio 300 XD

I just bought a pre-loved Krell Trio 300 and overall, I love the amp. Powerful, drives ML ESLs like a boss, and the only class A that will not burn down your house (cool to the touch). However, little bright and too “rocky”.  The more I read about the XD version of this amp it sounds like Krell tuned all these little kinks out and made it more musical. It would cost me 5K, to trade in my Trio 300 for new Trio 300 XD.

Does anyone here have experience with these amps, can anyone tell me if the XD improvement justifies extra 5k?

nd_72
The XD upgrade is easily worth it. There is a lot more information,"detail" being reproduced. You will certainly notice it. 
I"m not sure. I don't know what amp solid state amp would be considered less bright than the new Krell amps XD or non-XD. I'm a long time Mcintosh amplifier owner. I'd say the Duo 300 XD is not any brighter than the new Mcintosh MC611. Never thought I'd be saying that in a comparison of Krell and Mcintosh. If I had to pick, I'd say the Duo 300 is less bright then the MC611. The "house sound" of both companies seems to have moved in opposite directions from their old sound.