Marantz SA-1 holding up well agains next gen.?

How do people feel the Marantz SA-1 is holding up against some of the newer SACD and redbook players? I am particularly interested in comparison with the SA-11s1. Thanks.

--will
wrtickle
I have only tried mine with RCA's. A number of SA-1 owners tell me that I need to try mine with the XLR connections because they are far superior. I will try this over the weekend. Bob
The Marantz SA-1 sets the standard in both Redbook CDs & SACDs. I've owned dozens of different digital setups over the years with dedicated transports & DACS. You name I've probably owned. Living with the Marantz Reference SA-1 player the past few years has been a breath of fresh air.

There was a reason why the tag was $7500. Internally the best of the best is used. It looks like a complicated Patek watch the layout internally. No SA-11, SA-14 etc.. could even care. I say time will tell, and if you have an SA-1 hold on to it. If not try to find one.

No doubt the Marantz SA-1 is very cable dependent to reach it's potential. Definitley go with Balanced and an upgraded power cable.

Another great CD player to look for regular CD playback (non-SACD), is the Denon DCD-3520 CD player. This is an amazing CD player even though 15 years old. And definitely go balanced with the DCD-3520. This Denon player is very sought after in Asian market. Know this because I often travel there on business.

I am done with this topic. *Please don't e-mail with questions on this topic because I am very busy. Just wanted to chime in a bit and contribute.
MrChips -

We are so honored you took time from your busy schedule to enlighten us.
GMAFB.
Lkdog, "Sarcasm gets you no where".

By the looks of your system you have a very , very long way before you are in the Big Leagues. Maybe you should put more energy into your system then trying to start trouble.
Funny statement from a man with SA-1'a and SA-2's with a stock SA-1 Marantz.

I've auditioned the SA-1, owned the modified 14, and heard the SA-11 in a syatem identical to mine. Of the three, I'd take the modified 14 any day over the other two.

Then again, I would take the DVP-NS900V modified over all three ... :)