why a 75 dollar blue ray smokes all 2k CD players and any turntable???

Funny story,
I posted a pic of my turntable spinning an lp for a social media fan site for a specific band.I got a response by a guy," OH my it sounds so much better then a cd" my response was basically its all up for debate and in many ways digital is superior on paper and I enjoy both.This is his response..  ENJOY...

interesting that the world of true audio quality has been grossly mis-represented in the market place. This has mainly been driven by Hi-Fi Press and marketing vogue that perpetuate the myths that what makes a great audio system is some exotic, very expensive speaker cables, a 'high end ' player and some exotic amp. Its also true that vintage audio products like valve amps and vinyl are creeping back into fashion - more of a symptom of the issue that audio quality has for the most part reached an impasse.

The main culprit - loudspeakers represent the main ceiling on audio quality and this really has not changed for many decades. Put simply if you change the speakers to something that really does the sound transduction step (the most compromised part of the audio chain) much better then you begin to see the leap in improvement that is possible. For the most part the amp (as long as it is solid state and has decent power output) and the cable (as long as it is something a bit thicker than human hair) makes little to no audible difference to audio quality.

The type of CD player does not matter either, as the speakers  introduce a degree of distortion and degradation that commonly outweighs any differences my many orders of magnitude.  We have had really good reviews by the audio press but they still don't want to admit that the latest exotic looking £2000 CD player really does nothing special but helps sell magazines so perpetuating the scam! Ridiculous really when you can get a BD player for £40 that trumps the CD spec in every aspect! Don't get me started on vinyl!S

128x128oleschool
If you read into the literature far enough you can frequently identify the truly great equipment. Examples are the Airtight PC 1 Supreme and the Parasound JC 1. 
Trusting someone else's hearing is a sure recipe for disaster. Human sound processing was not designed for qualifying music but for locating danger. Music is like color. When shown a shade of blue, those of us that are not blue green color blind will identify the color as blue. When shown a variety of shades of blue one may prefer one shade over another. Others will prefer a different shade. Why do we have these preferences?
Music and sound are no different. We all prefer and listen to music differently from genres to parts of the audible spectrum. Even the descriptions we use to quantify music are vague at best, sometimes even meaningless. It usually comes down to, "mine is best." Of course it is. You designed your system based on what you want to hear which might not be what everyone else wants to hear. 
Assuming something performs it's job better because it looks better or costs a lot more is another common trap. Saying something sounds better because I say so is just a way to avoid asking or answering the question as to why this should be or admitting the existence of a glaring defect. It was designed by Alfred E. Newman but it's the best sounding because I say so. The Linn LP 12 is such an example. 
Yet there are systems that go beyond the usual and there are solid reasons for this. It is here that we can look for these reasons and try to implement them. The key is to look for the ones that have an explanation unlike cable elevators which do not. You want to puke? Take those $10K speaker cables apart and look what is inside. Just wire. Just wire in a pretty casing which does nothing other than look sharp. On the other hand, there are circumstances like high powered passive subwoofers, where 24 gauge wire is not going to cut it. Can't handle the current. 
The reasoned response has a better chance of being right than the emotional one.   
'If you read into the literature far enough you can frequently identify the truly great equipment. Examples are the Airtight PC 1 Supreme and the Parasound JC 1.
Trusting someone else's hearing is a sure recipe for disaster. "
mijostyn,
There seems to be a contradiction there. If you are believing that those two amplifiers are great based on written words, aren't you trusting someone else's hearing?
The best way, for me, to hear music is on a Blu-ray disc thru my Blu-ray Player. I think all music should be produced on a Blu-ray Disc, as a Blu-ray disc can properly hold all the information. Play the Eagles Farewell Tour 1 on a Blu-ray disc, in your Blu-ray Player through your audio system and this will certainly answer all your questions about Audio. The audio from a Blu-ray Disc is waaaaay beyond anything you will ever hear from a CD or Vinyl, providing the audio is a DTS-HD Master Audio 5.1 or 7.1, or Dolby Atmos
Roxy, in short yes but I am looking for a joint opinion that is very consistent. For instance the JC 1 is alway described as "effortless" which it certainly is. I am also talking about professional reviewers not an individual lay person. I would never trust an individual review unless I had consistently verified the reviewer's opinion on my own which admittedly is difficult to do. I approach every review with several grains of salt. Frankly, I never really pay attention until I am ready to buy something. As for the opinion of people here? I do not expect them to believe me in discussing the sound of something. What something sounds like is a personal issue. How something works on the other hand is not. Why an item should function and sound better is always open for discussion as these whys are very important when it comes to choosing equipment. Everyone has to add it up on their own. But if you choose equipment based on what a single or even group of lay persons says it sounds like you are asking for it. At that point it is always best to listen for yourself. This is particularly true of speakers.  
Allyndrew, I think you are assuming a surround system which most of us do not like. I do have many Blu ray discs that sound great in just stereo PCM. But I think the visuals add a lot to it. For some psychological reason seeing the band makes it sound better.