To Roon or not to Roon

I'm about 9 days into my 14 day free trial of Roon (with Tidal) on my iMac. It`s really cool
I`m thinking about buying a network streamer, either Bluesound Node 2 or an Aries Mini.
Both of which come with their own App, which I've heard is pretty good. My question is
whether Roon is going to "do anything special" for me. Any thoughts?

Thank you, 
Jeff
audioslain02
If you use both tidal and qobuz, like I do, then roon is genius. No Spotify, though, which means you can't use it anymore, or at least I don't think so. 
Roon is great.  The RPi can be a great endpoint, but honestly, if you get a quiet, dedicated server, I think it's fine to just run USB from the server to a quality DAC. I have an RPi with a LPS and (this changed the game) a quality DC cable from the LPS to the RPi.  But I have a 3m AQ Diamond USB and run it from an Intona isolator connected to my server often instead.  Keeps it simple, Ubuntu server, fast and few issues.  Keep the power clean and consider optically isolating the where you can.
I couldn’t imagine life without Roon. I wake up and pop on the headphones, switch zone when I head to the kitchen, switch again to work in the study, and again for a proper listen in front of the fire in the evening. Each ‘zone’ has a EQ saved for its room profile, and the streamer/dac used. I control what’s playing using whatever device is to hand - my macs, iPhones, Fire tablet, whatever. Nothing I have purchased has improved my enjoyment of music more than Roon has.