Furutech vs Audioquest Power Cables

Hello everyone, my first post here. I'm in the process of upgrading power cables and wondering if anyone here has first-hand experience testing out Furutech's Nanoflux power cables vs high-end Audioquest cables such as Hurricane/Firebird/Dragon. In order for me to try them out, I will need to pay for them and test them out and then return one for a refund via an online store as I can't find any distributor who carries these cables in my area. Anyone A/B these and can comment on their general characteristics and attributes? Thanks for any help!
b345t
The Audioquest Thunder/Dragon lines are solid core designs with heavy shielding. Each core is shielded with foil and a drain wire separately. These 3 are braided and connected with beryllium/silver plated connectors. The result is a dynamic big bottom, clear black background kind off sound. But the trade-off is some transient choking and lack of extension and air. For source components they are brilliant. For a power amps I would use a non shielded design (maybe some shielding with Class D) like Furutech Alpha 3 or Nanotec 308/309.
Theses comments about megabucks AQ power cables compromising their systems is very depressing and makes me wonder to what extent their opinions may have been formed by their moods and/or the AC line quality on the particular day. And this is coming from someone who uses both a PS Audio P20 and an AQ Niagara 5000 and expensive AQ balanced IC‘s and AQ William Tell Silver Zero biwired speaker cables. And I think they make a big positive difference. After all this expense, I just can’t splurge right now to try that last supposed weak point- between line and power conditioner/regenerator. I will make do with my supposedly inferior Pangea and PS Audio AC cables to fix the 30 feet of Romex and whatever lies outside my house.
Real audiophiles have big buck cables and standard house wiring, because they are always happy with small improvements.😁
I personally would consider neither, but AQ has higher snake oil ingredients.  

I used my shares of AQ for decades --- still actively use a few today (simply because I couldn't sell them off without massive loss).  My humble opinion is one would get more value from their classics series than all the current models with the fancy, confusing names.  In some ways, buying AQ is like buying mattress.

It is funny that I ain't the one who went thru the AQ "sucker" process:  Started with entry level AQ and pondered enough to keep upgrading ... only to find out the top of the mountain isn't as welcoming nor fulfilling.   I hope your experience differs from mine.

Hello,
I think the quality and /or price of the cables has to match your system. You can put premium fuel in your car. Unless your car has a high performance engine you will not notice the difference. You can drop $2000 on a power cable. Your system might not know the difference. Silver cables will definitely color/ change the sound. It may not be the sound you want. Audioquest makes good quality products. I use Nordost blue heaven on the majority of my system. Subs I use thick basic cables. More important is the source. You can get more power and more clarity. If your power source is not up to par then your amplifying bad sounds. Look at the Puritan PSM156. http://www.puritanaudiolabs.com/products/master-purifiers/psm156/I tried this out. I new it would probably clean up the bottom end and some noise. I did not expect it to lift a vail off of my system. One product improved my whole system. Even with factory power cords. I tested it. I heard nuances coming out of my system that were lost before. Who knew power matters. I know some say power cords do not make any difference on test equipment. It does make a difference to our ears. Do you know how many speakers are created and test great on the computer but sound horrible. Ask Paul at PSAudio. I think he is on his third or fourth set of speakers. I am very impressed he will not compromise despise what it is costing him. I would start with the Puritan. It is made in Europe if I’m not mistaken and sells for 1499 euro. They have a less expensive one with less filters. Do this first. Then upgrade the power cables.