Manufacturers

I find it interesting that some manufacturers and retailers in the audio industry consistently make themselves available to their customers while others completely ignore them. I scratch my head after going to a small volume speaker manufacturer's web site (Brooklyn NY based), send a note through the email provided on the site and ask "I'm interested in a pair of your xxx speakers (retail is $9k) and have a few questions about them, my room and electronics. Can you let me know when we might get on a call pls? "

And get no response - so far for three days. 

I call the number- leave a message. 

No call back so far.

I see the owner posting on Facebook regularly and a year ago I'd sent him a similar note, trying to get on a call with him.

No response. Then I posted in the comments area on his posts- Hi XXX, pls check your messages here, I'm trying to get in touch to ask a few questions about a pair of your speakers. A week later I get a "sorry, I don't check messages much here" response. Not a "Hey, sorry I missed this, pls call me to discuss and happy to help"- just a note that offers no interest.

In the year that I've tried to reach him I've bought Harbeth 30.2's, a pair of Proac, an Odyssey amp, a JL audio e110, a pair of SVS subs, a Denon HT amp and more (different systems around the house). I'm actively growing my systems.

Is his boutique business really that good that he can't be bothered to respond to a potential customer?

Meanwhile, the founder of a much larger Colorado based electronics company posts daily, has blogs, videos and much more always responds to a comment or question on a product - his or something else- without fail and is engaged and interested. 

128x128cowan217
This is a very interesting thread. It made me think of all the attempts I had in the past to get in contact with the owner or manufacture or supplier about an item that, for whatever reason, I needed to discuss. I remember all of those that handled my inquiry within a reasonable time and I try to remember all those who did not. I just do not buy from the negative ones.
This may seem like an insignificant thing to many, after all, how is losing one customer that important. There are always others, right? Well, maybe and maybe not.
I retired this year after working and owning a small service and product business. We opened our doors in 1982. When I closed, we were the oldest establishment of this kind in the state. When the yellow pages were in existence, I noted that every year there were 10 to 20 new listings of similar businesses selling the same services and 10 to 20 old business no longer listed.
We tried hard to do our job very well and we were always selling our product at a higher cost than most of our competitors. I know; I checked. There others who were as good as we were but they did not last. Why?
The only thing that I think was different was our service. Whenever a possible customer called with questions, the secretary was instructed to get with the boss, me. If I was unavailable, she was to answer what she could or have someone else answer. If no one knew the answer, she got their phone number and I called as soon as I was available. I had the secretary continue calling, until we did get hold of them. If someone, other than me, answered the question, she was to get their phone number and I would call back at a time convenient to the customer. I verified that all her questions were answered, 95% of our calls started with women.
This just seemed to be the right thing to do at the time. I guess it still is.
+1 @firstonetallguy 
Every action has a consequence, some are good and some are bad.
The consequence of you "getting it" wrt creating a culture of customer service was the difference between your company being the "oldest establishment of this kind in the state" while " selling our product at a higher cost than most of our competitors " and the 10-20 of your competitors that dropped off the map every year.  Well done! 
Hi Everyone, Original post was not in reference to Bache Speakers but thought to share my experience.
Greg owner of Bache is a speaker genius. I have owned dozens of speakers from 100 to 25k. I currently own his Tribeca and it is better than anything I've had in my challenging listening space. 
More importantly customer service is BEST I've ever had (although Greg is from Russia and English is a second or third language). Only customer service equal to Bach (IMHO) is Wolf Audio systems. owner, Joe Parvey.
These 2 companies is what makes this hobby so special. Their passion and care is simply unparalleled in any industry.
Greg is s speaker expert, crossovers, design. and he answers all inquires immediately, even volunteers inexpensive upgrades.
I am a proud own of the Tribeca for 3 years now and never see myself selling these amazing speakers that match well w/ any amplification (SS or tube).
Anyone reading this in the NY/NJ area owes it to themselves to demo a pair.
 BTW I have no affiliation w/ Bache or Wolf just sharing my stellar experience w/ both companies.
Wish all much peace & happy listening
@bjesien 
is not, you know is very hard to keep audio store or show room and pay rent . we have  a lot audio dealers in NYC and NJ  which  made show room in  private house . 
I have  storefront   business  in Brooklyn to selling plumbing supply and made good show audio room inside,  Good location 5min from BQU, 6 days in week, no appointment required