Jazz is not Blues and Blues is not Jazz.......

I have been a music fan all my life and listen to classic Jazz and female vocals mostly.  I did not see this throughout most of my life, but now some internet sites and more seem to lump Jazz and Blues into the same thought. 
B.B. King is great, but he is not Jazz.  Paul Desmond is great, but he is not Blues.   

Perhaps next Buck Owens will be considered Blues, or Lawrence Welk or let's have Buddy Holly as a Jazz artist? 

Trite, trivial and ill informed, it is all the rage in politics, why not music?

whatjd
**** They came on "one" radio station only, along with Gospel on Sunday. That’s how they came to be lumped together. ****

That may very well be how they came to be lumped together, but there is a reason for WHY they were lumped together. Because Jazz, Blues and Gospel all come from the same place (metaphorically speaking); they have much in common so are likely to appeal to the same listener base. After all, why not Classical on Sunday instead?Polka on Monday and Tuesday is just as bad 😉.
Two left ears:

I don’t really know whether your comment about jazz and blues is meant to be sardonic. 
Please see

http://www.gregtivis.com/articles/Jazz-and-Blues.php

for starters. 
@edcyn, I know what you mean with your "fussy, smug" characterization of some Jazz guitar playing. There is one guitarist who doesn’t play Jazz that way, and he’s also great at Blues, Hillbilly, Rockabilly, 50’s Rock ’n’ Roll, and just about any other music that can be played on six strings: Danny Gatton. He is a true musician’s musician (Vince Gill, himself a mighty fine player, nicknamed him "The Humbler"). He’s no longer with us, but most of his many albums are pretty easy to find. There is also a 2-CD retrospective collection on Rhino Records.

Whatjd, don't let all this talk confuse you, it is as you say it is, not as they desire.

Blues people and jazz people are as different as night and day, even when they look alike. First, lets not beat around the bush, blues is defined as "Delta Blues" or some derivative thereof, not as one of those "jazz tunes" with Blues in the title.

The jazz center of the world is New York city, not Jackson or Clarksdale Mississippi.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Clarksdale,_Mississippi

Most Blues musicians have picked cotton, most jazz musicians have not; that is also a classic cultural difference. I could go on indefinitely, but I wont, I believe you get the picture.