Potential Sound Quality From 1950’s Microgroove

Hi All,
I’ve been modifying a Thorens TD 145 MK 1. After I built and installed a three inch hard maple plinth, the tonearm lift went kaput. I then upgraded the tonearm cable, upgraded the TP 16 tonearm headshell, a Herbies Way Excellent record mat, Herbies tenderfeet, dampened the insides and loaded a Audio Technica 33 Mono Anniversary Cartridge. I’m using an ASR Mini Basis Exclusive MK 2 Phono Amp.
So at least 97% of my record collection is 1950’s mono microgroove vinyl. I’ve been thinking about upgrading my tonearm. I’d most likely purchase a Sorane TA 1and then would eventually hope to upgrade my mono cartridge at a later date. But would I benefit, when the records I’m playing are nearly ancient with respect to their sound quality? Remastered mono vinyl is a consideration but those are limited in number when compared to stereo reissues. Any thoughts are appreciated.
goofyfoot
I do have to wonder though if improvements from a tonearm upgrade will be subtle or great. But you’re right to think that I will never rid myself of the ability to play vinyl. 
noromance, are they still available new? Jelco has closed it's doors. I might be more inclined to recommend one of the Ortofon arms. 

Goofyfoot, you have put a lot of effort into your turntable, forgetting about sound quality, it deserves a new arm!
Jelco new series is good ones but their effective mass isn't the big one.
Older Jelco series or Sorane TA is better match for mono system.

From what I hear, Jelco is no more and I can get the Sorane for what the Jelco would cost me. Jelco made Mission tonearms and Thorens owners liked them a lot. Also, SME would be a solid choice but their prices are too high. Of course, then there is the matter of installing it.