Thiel Owners

Guys-

I just scored a sweet pair of CS 2.4SE loudspeakers. Anyone else currently or previously owned this model?
Owners of the CS 2.4 or CS 2.7 are free to chime in as well. Thiel are excellent w/ both tubed or solid-state gear!

Keep me posted & Happy Listening!
jafant
Nuzzi - I love mine. The seamless integration with the main speakers is practically unbelievable. I agree that you 'should' be able to get them fixed when they break. Do that and tell us all and make lots of friends. I have tried two industry warrantee and repair shops to no avail and now have my SS1 at a local shop which has been quite knowledgeable and successful for other repairs. That ballot is still out, but the first two couldn't crack the code. Jim used a thermistor circuit to compensate for thermal compression from voice coil heat, plus his own circuitry for room boundary compensation. Both are "not normal".

The development documentation, patent applications and schematics are AWOL. It is possible that Jim kept that close to his chest; I know that he did all the repair himself and I can only speculate why. I am trying to find and recover documentation, which would make repair feasible and provide a foundation for working on quieting the background noise.
Anyhow, enjoy your woofers and please share your experience.
biannuzzi22

Good to see you again. We have another SmartSub fan among the Panel.  What other gear is in your system currently?

Happy Listening!
tomthiel

Thank You for taking time to adress SmartSub SS1 and SS2.
Hope you and your local repair shop are able to figure out Jim's design and crack his cryptic code.

Happy Listening!