Correction:  tuflex block is used to absorb the front wave sound in wall facing directions with Ohm Walsh CLS driver, not the back wave. Totally different.  With Ohm Walsh the backwave is different in nature and I believe fires down the length of the cabinets not across the narrower width like conventional box speakers. Apples and oranges.  Still the kef sound absorbing material probably has many  applications if truly superior as it may well be. 
Backwave with a Walsh style driver is a different beast I would think with the driver exposed and mounted on top of the cabinet facing downwards and the sound heard emitted to a large extent  horizontally off the rear of the driver. Seems to me it would be less of an issue with the Walsh approach but not sure. Maybe someone else has more insight?
This is just a manifestation of the ever-increasing desensitization rampant in modern life.

Version 2: multiple YAWNs.
Innovation: YAWN.
Game-changer: yawn.
Brand new technology, twice as good as before: let me Google that for a moment.
Could be. I wonder why that is?

Some tests and measurements are surely to come out sometime soon that either backs up the claims regarding sound absorption or not.

If so, I would hope people who care about the best sound quality possible at least would take notice.

Otherwise, yeah, its always hard to separate the hype from the substance .

I will say that based on my experience with them over the last 2 years the old ls50s are very good within their limits though and if truly made even better are an even better value now than 8 years ago. Especially if you use them with good gear and a suitable amp up front,  a good sub or two or 4 to fill in what’s missing properly, and the room is not too big.

They are still small speakers after all.   However sounds like bigger kefs will be getting similar enhancements very soon.   Nice that the proclaimed innovation was made with the product that most can afford and will trickle up not the other way around.
I did not consider the KEF Reference for my speaker upgrade because they ideally need to be placed a bit away from the front wall. It would be great if this Meta stuff makes placement of the Reference and even Blade more flexible.

A couple of other speakers that use this back wave canceling idea is of course Vivid (B&W) and Yamaha NS 5000. KEF seems to think their new way of doing this is better.