Bluesound installed DAC - music killer?

Ever throw a sheet over your speakers?  Sure sounded like this to me when I began using bluesound.  Soooo disappointing.   So it will be resigned to a streamer after a new DAC arrives.
emergingsoul
Let’s get passed because Chord didn’t include a great inexpensive streamer !!!!

both are great for what they do best, combined for the $$$$ they are formidable indeed....
All streamers I’ve tried that are hard wired to Ethernet improve dramatically with the Network Acoustics ENO RFI filter. Highly recommend!
I have the understanding that NAD is the owner of bluesound. And they have a streamer for about 1500.00 . It uses the same card as the node but with a better dac . Anyone that can give some insight into this. 
I have Node 2i and after about a month with it, I connected it with a good Analysis Plus coaxial interconnect to the MHDT Orchid tube DAC. It’s sounding great, now. I rolled the stock tube in the Orchid and it sounds even better. I have no impulse to upgrade the streamer, now. It sounds wonderful.
I have a Vault 2i, love it.... doesn't sound bad through analog out but sounds great with a good DAC.... using a RME adi-2 and its a great combo.