...bookshelf speakers that sound good at low volume...

Hello to all...

Looking for new bookshelf speakers that sound good at low volume

CD-only listening; powering with 35w/8ohm Monoprice integrated, with silver interconnects; speaker cable home made twisted 14g solid core copper, bare wire connected to JBL L25 "PRIMA" Big 2-ways...

In approx. 14’ x14’ room in apt: multi use area - dining/kitchen/tv-gaming

If dedicated listening: approx 8’away (speaker cabinets 6’ center to center; speakers are not mirror-image const.)

Speakers sound great at medium+ volume - they really sing - but are really muddy and not detailed at low volume.

Options: replace integrated with vintage or new 50-75w/ch (with or without DAC) OR new or vintage bookshelf speakers... budget $500-$1000 max.

Located in Metro NYC area...

At present - I am gonna keep the JBLs: could their low volume presentation change with a better or higher wattage integrated?

I know I am casting a wide net here, not looking for " try it - see how it sounds": looking for experiences and opinions based on trial and errors of others willing to share.

Thanks in advance to all... Best Wishes - Be Well...
insearchofprat
Here is a classic, and little sonic nugget. The first two models, that were made. Infinity, Infinitesimals. Alu/Mag, cast cabinet with true ribbons and pretty good bass response, from the DVC 4.5, Watsons.. 93-5% they can pump it out, and LOOK, Very retro.... They normally come with a mounting kit. 

Regards
Another vote for Kef LS50. I’ve had a pair for five years and they continue to amaze me.
I dearly love my RBH SV-61 reference with the Arum Cantis tweeter and beryllium woofers.