Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten
I can imagine years from now I'll be searching for some info and I will come across something that Al posted......and I'll smile.

The printed word lives on.
I enjoyed Al's demeanor on the forum. I understand he might be incredulous at some of the conversation, but always comported himself well. A good example for us all. 

Blessings and comfort to Margaret. 
Never had the opportunity to meet him but he was at the top of the list of folks I would love to have met.

I always took note of his very informative posts and often look up his posts when doing research on some new hifi topic that I know he talked about.

And yes, if look up the word "mensch" there should be a picture of Al there.

I believe he is the only person I know of with advanced degrees in both Engineering and Law. That gave him unique and insightful perspective on many things plus he was so uniquely literate and focused when he wrote, in addition to possessing such deep knowledge in many areas.

Can't say enough nice things about him.  One of a kind!

My condolences to Al’s family and close friends. RIP Al, your passing creates a deep void in those that both came into casual contact and to personally know you. You will be missed my friend.