Member Almarg passed away last night

Al ( @almarg ) passed away peacefully yesterday evening, September 14th, 2020.

Margaret, Al's wife, was by his side most of the afternoon.

Both she and Al, as well as Al's family, were deeply touched by the outpouring of respect and appreciation for Al from members who, via written word, shared so very much in the 'Update on Audiogon Member Almarg' thread.

Margaret extends her thanks, gratitude and appreciation to all members. She treasures each and every post.
david_ten
On this forum, Al was a mensch. My condolences to Al's wife and family. May his memory be for a blessing.

Jim
That is sad news indeed! My condolences to Al's family, It is an incredible loss for all of us here, I can only imagine how bad it is for you. May he Rest in Peace and thank you for allowing him to be a part of us for so many years.
Mike
This is such sad news my condolences to Margaret and thanks to David for his work keeping Margaret and the community connected. Al was a legend here the man everyone turned to for technical advice. He delivered said advice with grace and aplomb. When threads grew contentious he was a voice of reason, sanity, and most of all logic.

I am sure as great as Al was to all of us here he was even more amazing to Margaret family and friends. He will be sorely missed here his passing is a void we can't begin to fill. RIP Al and enjoy fixing the stereo when it goes awry wherever you are now.
Margaret and family, I am so very sorry for your loss.
All of us on Audiogon are better for having known him.
RIP Al.