For me its the first or very early LP's of:
Allman Brothers - "Allman Joys" "Idyllwild South"
Santana - "Santana" 200 g reissue
Emerson Lake and Palmer - "Emerson Lake and Palmer"
and,
Beethoven - "Piano Concerto No. 4 in G Major" Rudolph Serkin/Ozawa/BSO
slipknot1
Boulez conducts Schoenberg. BBC Symphony Orchestra. Columbia Masterworks  1978
Been in a pretty somber and reflective mood tonight.
As well as the sad news of Almarg, I visited my LRS today where one of the partners who I knew and talked to regularly just keeled over and died yesterday.

Makes one think deeply on your own mortality.

To that end I played Records 3,4&5 of the Treasury of Music mono classical box set that had been loaned to me.

Bit more upbeat now.

Volunteers ..... Jefferson Airplane.
Klemperer conducts ‘A Wagner Program’. The Philadelphia Orchestra. Angel, reissue, 80’s. Originally 1963
Makes one think deeply on your own mortality.

Life isn’t always fun Uber. I’m sure we have all been there, done that. I think the hardest for me was ‘watching’ my little brother suffer and die of cancer over a 9-12 month period. Talking to him everyday trying to convince him to fight a battle we all knew he would lose. It was harder than my grandparents, or father dying, as ‘it wasn’t suppose to happen’. And was really ‘close to home’.

My neighbor across the street, whom I knew for a long time died suddenly of a stroke this summer. I was shocked, and it made me think my own as well.

Thank goodness for music. It doesn’t cure a thing, but it sure helps sometimes.

bkeske,
Not to muddy the cartridge water anymore but... ebay had a Grado XTZ signature (NOS) a couple weeks ago for around $700. That is a FANTASTIC cartridge. They also had an Empire 4000DIII that looked good for around $600. That is also a great cartridge. They may still be there.
FWIW I've been running both of them (on & off) for the last month or so. On my system the Grado XTZ sounds sublime with the Empire a notch down from that, but still great. The only down side with the Grado is a slight hum. It is not audible from my chair, but it bugs me that it's there at all. 

Starlight Mints / Built on squares