Looking for opinions on Tannoy Prestige line.

I have been looking around at the Tannoy Prestige line. I was curious about how these compare to more modern designs. I am a little burnt out on "hi-fi" and I am having an "enjoy the music" moment. I demoed a few pairs of Tannoys when I first got into audio and I remember liking them pretty well but it has been awhile scene I have heard them. I would be looking at the Kensington SE (and down) or either of the Glenair models. I do not have room or budget for anything bigger. I would be looking on the used market and have no dealer in my area. I am currently using Thiel CS2.4s.

Do they have much horn coloration? Does the bass have punch (I like hard rock and typical audiophile stuff too). How detailed are they compared to more modern designs?
james63
I own the Tannoy Kingdom Royals of the Prestige line. I bought them because they are the best midrange and highs I have heard in any speaker. They are fast, coherent, detailed yet the mids and highs are not clincal and thin but have some heft and weight, like real music. The bass was boomy at first but with break in and some room bass traps it is handled. A bit more to go to make it perfect. Overall the best sound I've heard from a loudspeaker. They are expensive but I have heard nothing better for my purposes which is mastering and recording jazz.
I've been contemplating either the definition (DC8) or the Prestige Turnberry to go with a Pass XA60.5 I like the sound and look, and the only ones that are really big, are the very top end Prestige line. The rest are what I would call average to a little above average.
Gwng8: Note that the DC8 is rear-ported, so you'll need some space to position the speakers away from the wall, but they seem like fine speakers. They need lots of break-in time.
I am in this stupid "Audio" and "Sound" for the last 35 years. Almost all (no absolute) the so-called "Audiophile" and especially those ranked as number one in "Stereophile (their job is to sell more advertisement and bring money to their advertisers)" equipments went through my ears.
None, I repeat, none of them would convey the music as the Tannoy's Kensington and up.
It replaced a Maggie 3.6, and currently using the AudioNote 9 watts SET to drive the lovely Tannoy Kensington.