“BLOCK” Function?

I’ve tried a search here for such a function,and I’ve come up empty. Is there a way to block certain members? Not just from personal messages,but so they don’t show up in any topic I’m reading. Sometimes it’s nice to ask a question and learn something without someone trying to rub your nose in your lack of knowledge like a dog that did his business in the house.  I am all for learning from others. That’s one of the reasons I frequent this site. However,there are some folks here that do have vast knowledge, but are as abrasive as 40 grit sandpaper. For those folks I’m ready to throw the baby out with the bath water.  

128x128rocray
I’ve learned a lot by responding only to posts or parts of posts which addressed the question or issue I’m investigating. Posts which do other things -- I just don’t react to. I "block" myself from reacting to irrelevant or obnoxious conduct. If you take that approach, you will find that better posters will look back at the OP and offer a comment related to it. Good things come with patience.

Happily, in some cases, a poster was so generous and sympathetic in their comments, that I have messaged them to say thanks for ask a follow up question. Those follow ups have been even more educative.

Forum like this is a virtual bar. You can learn some things some time, but you can only chew on fuses, digital vs. analog, and cables so many times. If you insisted on only focused approach to audio, you would have much less content and less visitors. Things that interest you can be found and direct practical questions are answered directly and practically more often than not. If one insists on audio-only, subscription to a professional organization journal may be better investement of money and time.

Even this thread, with so many responses, shows that people are interested in talking about virtually nothing.
Exactly. Threads about nothing, that's what we need more of! If only we had enough of those, then maybe all the people with nothing to contribute would gravitate to them and have all their virtually meaningless virtual non-conversations on the threads about nothing. Just because people have nothing to say doesn't mean they don't deserve a place to say it.
Actually there have been PLENTY of threads where people have gravitated to for just that reasoning.
Unfortunately it usually turns to politics and then admin shuts it down.
Then they flock elsewhere.

It would be a possible boon to the rest of the Audiogon threads if the mods did actually dedicate one thread to "whatever" and as long as no outright serious cursing or threats just let them have at it.

And yes there are actually some discussion forums that do this. 
That's already what happens here. There's a distinct group of alcoholics view every thread as a bar, and they are like Nicolas Cage in Leaving Las Vegas out to drink themselves to death in the virtual pub crawl to end all virtual pub crawls.  

They're lucky its only a virtual pub crawl. Or it wouldn't be Leaving Las Vegas. It would be A Bronx Tale. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=akY0mf1G-Cs