Looking for tonearm inspiration

I just bought a used SME 20/12 turntable that is about 15 years old.  I also had a used 

Dynavector DRT XV-1s rebuilt/are tipped.  Odd as it may seem, there was no tonearm with the turntable.  I have yet to identify what the phono stage, but listening so far suggest a Sutherland Loco (still open to alternatives).  There must be many out there that have had experience with the SME 20/12 turntable and perhaps a few that have had experience with the SME/Dynavector combination.  Can you suggest a tonearm that had some magic for you with either bit of gear?  Wide range of music: Rock, Jazz, Female Vocal and a bit of Opera from time to time.

chilli42
Hi chilli42

I had that exact same table and cartridge and it was awesome. I used it with two different tone arms, both were great. The first arm I had on it was a Naim Aro unipivot. Because the Dynavector cartridge was so heavy I had to get the bigger heavier counter weight. Once the heavier counter weight was installed it worked like a charm. I remember the midrange with that arm was magic. I miss that setup. 

The other arm I had on that rig was a Graham Phantom B44 (the original Phantom). The DRT XV1S is just a great cartridge. I’m not sure how it will sound with the rebuild/retip. I bought mine new. The Graham arm has been refined many times since I bought that original arm. I’m sure the newer versions are even better than the one I had and that arm was just amazing. The Graham Phantom arm (any version) is an extremely versital arm and will probably work well with just about any cartridge. Hard to beat. Great setup when dialed in properly. Hope that helps you. Enjoy. 

Scot
Hi chilli42

In my last post I forgot to ask, did the used SME table come with an arm board and if so, which arm was it drilled for? The arm you choose must be compatible with the arm board. If it didn’t come with an arm board (which is unlikely) you will have to buy a new one either used or from SME. If you have to buy a new one they will have to drill it for the arm you choose. If you buy one used, then that will determine which arm you will need to buy. Hope that helps.

Scot
Chak, as I understand it the Pro version of the FR64/66fx is simply one that comes without the anti-skating device. A bit of a mystery actually, ’cause why should a pro user go without it and us regular folks supposedly need it and cartridge manufacturers advise us to use it also?

However, in daily practice I’ve arrived at the conclusion that a minimum of anti-skating actually works best, so maybe I’m almost a pro.....😂

Nice boat anchor Chakster. You'll need one of those Jap chisel monsters to go in it. Just for fun put an old V15 in it and see what happens:)

Ralph, Raul means well he is just hard to understand because of the language barrier. Next year he is going to come out with his own amplifier. Class R. It is obviously going to sound better than any other amp ever made. Since it runs on chicken pellets it will smell great too. 
Stereophile can't wait to smell a review. 

Really, I think you have a much larger fan club than Raul. You do not need to defend your position with us. The only used Atma-Spheres I ever see for sale are the little ones and I will bet you bacon for biscuits that there owners are moving up to larger ones. Sound Labs loves your amp with their speakers and that is enough for me:)