Bedini 25/25 1 meg

I am interested in the bedini 25/25 amp listed here: https://www.audioasylumtrader.com/ca/listing/Amplifier-SS/BEDINI-25-25-1-MEG/SERIAL-2/One-of-the-rar...

Anyone knows what does the “1 meg” refer to for the bedinis?

Are this worth trying for 86db speakers? Read that they sound good and got curious. Thanks.
128x128yuhengdu_tiger
That's a high price to pay! I bought a Bedini 150/150 for less than 1/3 of that! I recommend waiting until a Bedini amp becomes available for under a grand! One with more power than the 25/25 would be more suitable for your speakers.
Have you ever heard a Bedini amplifier? I ask because Bedini amps have a unique sound (IMO) that is not for everyone. When I purchased my first pair of Shahinian Obelisks some years ago I was advised to drive them with a Bedini 45/45 or 100/100. I tried a pair of the latter - not my cup of tea. But lots of other folks love them. I will agree with jjss49 that these are older Class A amps, which means by default that they were rode hard and put away wet.

My advise: try before you buy and make sure that you factor the cost of a rebuild into your purchase price.

I am not trying to talk you out of buying a Bedini amp. Just make sure that you understand what you are getting into. I think it's essential that you listen to any amp with your speakers and other gear before committing. Unless you can flip this piece of gear without a substantial loss if you don't like it.

You better get yourself a bedini 100/100 for 1/3 prices of that 25/25 just making sure they are dual transformers like 25/25 then I bet you are not far behind the 25/25 plus you get more head room and that amp can drives any speakers better than 25/25 for sure !