JBL 43xx va Harbeth 40.x

I owned a pair of Harbeth 40.1, and recently listened to a pair of JBL 4343.  While I really like the Harbeth, I also like the JBL very much.  To the best of its own, the JBL sounds more dynamic, more lively, and bigger slam at the bass.  The Harbeth is one word - smooth.  
I think for vocal, Harbeth wins.  But JBL will be able to play all kinds of music, I feel.  What do people think comparing them?  Which one do you prefer and why?
gte357s
EVERYTHING you like about the JBL is EXACTLY WHY they shouldn't even be mentioned in the same breath as the Harbeth M40.2's(never heard 40.1's)..The JBL is designed to impress in a short demo.Bass has slam but tonal purity & definition are NON EXISTENT!Midrange is honky & thread bare,treble brittle/hard/sharp to extremes..They remind me of the original Sennheiser HD800...
 With a good Class A amplifier NOTHING competes with the Harbeth!
@ gte357s, The jbl is one word -GREAT. For all the things you said in your post, about the 4343. I concur. They, (exhibit) great vocal reproduction. I do not have the harbeth 40.1.. :-)
You have run into something never measured: microdynamics. British speakers are ever so slightly compressed