Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
I placed my order for the KTE version this morning.  It will be a few weeks before it arrives and I will happily share my impressions of it once I have it and have enough time to break it in and assess its SQ.

In the process of searching for my next DAC (I currently own a Brooklyn DAC+, and before this I had a Manhattan II) I was prepared to spend as much as $15K for one of the super DACs.  

Herb Reichert's review of this DAC really opened my eyes to the value versions of the high end and high priced DACs.  I had also been considering a Denafrips DAC for a while.  The Holo Audio DACs seem to fit a very similar niche, but I like the aesthetic style of the Holo Audio better.  The price is also lower, even if that was not a major motivator. 

I mentioned that I used to have a Manhattan II.  The reason I don't still have it is because one of the channels went out and when I sent it back to the retailer they told me it would be at least a month or two to get it fixed or replaced.  In the meantime they sent me a Brooklyn to use, and after giving it some listening time I found that I liked the Brooklyn better.  I decided to keep the Brooklyn until I could find my next major upgrade.  The Holo Audio May is what I've decided on.  The risk is pretty low all things considered and I have confidence that at the very least it will be a lot of fun to hear this new DAC.  If I don't like it I can always sell it and return to my original plan of buying one of the bigger names.   

Let the fun begin!
I have the original Holo Audio Spring Kitsune Edition Level III DAC and I don't find it bright at all. I chose this DAC for it's musicality and it hasn't let me down. I'll have to check out the new "May".
I'm considering buying the May KTE DAC as well. It would help if they at least offered a 30 day trial. It's a lot of money to spend on a DAC without listening to it first. If it's not better than my Matrix XSabre Pro MQA DAC than I'd like the option to return it because spending the $3k price difference would make little sense otherwise.

I'm following this thread. I await your review! 
They do offer a 10 day trial.  That's not a lot, but it's also not nothing.  
Mine is out for delivery.  Should get it today.