Holo Audio May DAC

Just read a very nice review of this in Stereophile this month and after doing some research it looks like this one could be a very nice option for me.  
https://kitsunehifi.com/product/holo-audio-may-dac/

It's made in China I think (or could be Taiwan?, and yes, I am very well aware that these are two very different countries. ;)), and employs a direct to consumer model to keep the price as low as possible.  This does not worry me after purchasing a Jay's Audio transport from Vinshine Audio and having zero issues.  

Just curious if anyone here has heard one or purchased?  I'm very intrigued.  I know the Denafrips Terminator is another highly regarded DAC with a similar ordering model, but costs a couple grand more than this one.  Considering that one as well.

Thanks
128x128snackeyp
you can’t really know unless you hear it in your system

denafrips dacs are excellent, but a little bright amongst the r2r crowd, and according to my research, so is the holo springs unit (based on that i have ruled it out for my own use) - note also that there are various versions of the holo springs unit, they may have their sq differences too, dunno  ... gets a lil complicated and hard to sort out as i was researching

the smoother school of r2r is sonnet/metrum, as well as border patrol and mhdt (though you can alter the tilt of their units with tube selection)

audio mirror is another one out there, but i have not had one in hand yet to assess

good luck

denafrips dacs are excellent, but a little bright amongst the r2r crowd, and according to my research, so is the holo springs unit (based on that i have ruled it out for my own use)
Never found that with a borrowed Holo Spring L2 in NOS, when it was switched to DSD or OS it did get slightly less body to the mids, but still not bright.

Cheers George
@georgehifi 
Your findings seem to jive with the reviews I have read.  The recent review of the May DAC in Stereophile is a good example of this.  Other reviews I've heard seem to concur.  Cheers