Offer / counter-offer? Audiogon rules

I am a seller. I receive an offer. I immediately counter-offer. The potential buyer declines it. Is the buyer still bound to his original offer for the orignal 48 hrs.?
128x128laughingrabbit
Here’s a quick lesson in hi-pressure sales technique that occasionally needs to be employed:

NEVER TALK PAST THE CLOSE!! Accept the offer and say thanks.

If you didn’t want to sell it, you wouldn’t advertise it. Think of how much better the cash will look in your bank statement rather than how that unwanted gear looks collecting dust. When you get a qualified buyer, do NOT allow him/her to escape. Otherwise, like quite a few members with listings currently running, you might as well get a nice cat condo to put your old stuff on while you pet it.
Legally, at least in the US, the answer is no. Once you counter, that is an implied rejection of the original offer. Full stop.  I can find the UCC cite.
If the customer walks what do you have then?  0 + 0 = 0.  Great time to add to the sale and increase your revenues when you get them to part with their money rather than sitting on your inventory.  There is something called the cost of money.  People want to walk out thinking they got a deal.  The same applies to when you purchase a car.  How many consumers walk out of car dealership paying full list price?  So, why should selling audio gear be any different.

I receive real estate listings from a realtor and have yet to see a pair of speakers in a room.  So this means how many people actually buy audio gear in the first place?  What are dealers then doing to educate people and to create interest?  i have yet to see a TV commercial from a audio dealer other than TV's.  This is why you see $5,000 entertainment furniture with a wide screen TV and no speakers when sound is probably 70% of the experience.
I like the system as it is set up with the counter offer in place, with that said I made an offer on a turntable, a brand I wanted to try, that was 10% lower than the asking price which the seller declined and I moved on, about 3 weeks later he reached out and asked if I was still interested and I purchased it for my original offer. The seller was a member in good standing and I left him his positive feedback but he never left mine for me, just chalked it up to maybe he was a little upset at not getting his asking price, but who knows. I also use the counter offer system to great effect when selling here and on the other sites. Enjoy the music