Goldenear Triton One.R - can it be driven with low power tube amp?

I’m currently driving my Goldenear Triton One.R speakers with substantial monoblock solid state amps. However the Triton One.Rs have internal 1.6 kilowatt amplifiers for the lowest frequencies. So my primary amps are only driving the midrange and tweeters. Seems like overkill. Was thinking of using lower power tube amps, maybe even tube SETs. Will this work?
Has anyone done this? Comments welcomed.
cakids
The supposition is not the reported test bench measurements of two published reviews.  My use of the term refers to reaching a conclusion based on those measurements without the benefit of any listening experiences with speaker and amplifier to confirm an assumption (Lower power tube amplifiers are insufficient to drive the Tritons).

It makes little sense to ignore the listening accounts of cakids and those mentioned regarding Sandy Gross (who plays the 'mere' role as the Tritons designer and also owns a pair for personal use). Perhaps these are inconvenient data points. Anyway, certainly two different viewpoints presented in this thread. 
Charles 
cakids OP
Measurements indicate that the impedance between the critical 80 to 200 hz range is between 4.1 and 5 ohms.
Cakids, you need to understand measurements a little more, Keith Howard’s are the EPDR measurements (combined impedance and - phase angle) That the amp will see.
Goldenear Triton One.R:  Review LAB Tests: by KEITH HOWARD
We measured a minimum modulus of 2.9ohm and a minimum EPDR of 1.3ohm at 92Hz, with further dips to 1.6ohm at 219Hz and 2.0ohm at 584Hz.
So the One.R is a tough loudspeaker to drive, despite its powered bass section.
This is what the amp sees, not just the impedance, common stop going round in circles.

Cheers George
Georgehifi,
You are correct. I have limited technical understanding of EPDR. I understand that a loudspeaker is not a resistive load. It is reactive and the reactance varies with frequency, as the phase angle varies with frequency. And the phase angle is the sine wave angular offset between the voltage and the current waveforms at the given frequency. I have no idea how to calculate EPDR, however.
Nevertheless, using the data from KH, can I assume that the amplifier current draw at 92 Hz will be approximately equivalent to the current draw, for the same signal (voltage) level, into a purely resistive load of 1.30 ohms?Just trying to understand these measurements a little better. I think I have already determined how to select an amplifier for these particular loudspeakers.

Charles, George, and other contributors,
Thanks for your inputs. They were informative and useful.
cakids, 
In your case George is putting the cart before the horse. You've done the ultimate test by using your Manley Stinray and finding "excellent " sound driving your Tritons. George hasn't done this and yet proclaims low powered tube amplifiers such as yours won't work well. So it is your own ears versus what he says the measurements will predict. Which of the two is more logical and reliable?

Do you now doubt what you've heard in your system? Educating yourself with regard to  measurement interpretation is fine and useful to a degree. The opportunity to listen is even better. Does your listening experience correlate with his warnings? It doesn't appear that way to me.
Charles 
I do not have a SET amp to try but I do have the SS Vista Audio Spark, 20w @8ohms. With the right speakers (Fostex for me) this can be a beautiful sounding amp. 
So I hooked it up to try out on my One.R’s in light of this low wattage discussion. Sounded nice up to about 65dB, 8ft away. After that the clipping was terrible and, obviously, the poor little fella got quite warm quickly. 
The impedance dips clearly too much for the little Spark to handle. 
That was a bit of fun but the Hegel H390 is my preference of 3 SS amps I have tried. Effortless sound at any level.