Audio research Ref.3 vs Primaluna Dialogue premium preamp

Looking for opinions on which you would chose and why? Thanks
rvito
I owned the Ref 3 for a half dozen years and found it to be extended, fairly detailed and accurate.  Overall sound was a lot like solid state.  I wanted it to sound special but couldn’t quite pull it off.
REF 3 definitely

If you can do a side by side A/B comparison in your home system, you will see/hear that there really isn't a comparison.

Don't get me wrong.  The Primaluna unit is very nice.  But, it isn't on the same level with the REF 3.

enjoy
I just entered and know very little about this hobby/obsession but in my quest for understanding, I took the tour of AR on two youtube shows. I was struck by their attention to detail, commitment to quality(Woo), voicing their product AND their ability to service any of their machines since before AR was AR. I now aspire to own their product provided I like what I hear and someday the funds to afford them.
I might add the Nelson Pass interviews on yourtube were also very interesting and educational but in a different psychoacoustic and marketing way.
" Don't get me wrong. The Primaluna unit is very nice. But, it isn't on the same level with the REF 3.".

I agree completely with the statement above.
I "could", make quite a long list as to the, "why's" of my thoughts.
 But after reading the above?
"I feel that it should quite suffice".
 Unless...Someone really wants a read where I merrily follow that "Rabbit Hole", down into a minutiae rich oblivion....

I will say that the "Prima Luna" products I have physically seen recently?
 They looked to be of a much lower build and material quality than I had remembered. 
 Did something change?

Ok, After fighting with myself for five minutes over whether or not I should say this....;
  The last units which I saw. "Just after unboxing". They all had a (definite), "Toys-R-Us" quality to them.  
"Clones", mayhap? But even then, they should have looked....much, much different to my eye's.
Don't get me wrong. The Primaluna unit is very nice. But, it isn't on the same level with the REF 3.

A  used PL newer model's for $2200
 vs  used AR Ref3, about $3500.
Something to consider.