Speakers free of grain, glare and steel?

$2,000 or less used/new speakers free of grain, glare and steel, but with detail, extension, imaging, and tonal accuracy and balance? Acoustic Zen Adagio, Merlin TSM MME. Gallo 3.1, Frafrotski SE? Most speakers are competent, some are outstanding, a few deliver magic. Which speakers are the most musical and easy to listen to, rising to the top of a crowded field given their price point, and the most "forgiving" of their associated components? Which have magic?
pmboyd
Anyone going to the big Axpona show in NYC
Friday/Saturday 6/24-5?
Affinia Hotel, 7th ave & 31st, sponsored by Stereophile.
120-day in home trial. For that length of time, you could try out a couple of speakers alongside with little downside, if shopping carefully, finances permitting.
I've narrowed my choices to Merlin MMI, Ohm Walsh 3000, and Fritz Carbon 7. Anyone done a heads-up with all of these or care to input on comparisons?
The Fritz are monitors it appears. The Other two are more full range,if that matters.

The kind of amp used will make a difference between the two full range Merlin and OHMs.

I suspect the MErlins will shine with tube or lower power SS amps. The OHMs may do quite well with those, you'd have to try and see/hear, but require high current SS amps to achieve their potential.

Some report excellent results using a sub with smaller OHMs run off tube amplification.

Which will integrate into your room and listening location best is another consideration. The OHMs will provide a large sweet spot for listening. The others will likely have a smaller sweet spot.

From there, I think its mostly a matter of personal preferences that are harder to assess that will be the remaining determining factors.