Replacing driver screws with brass screws

There was some discussion about this on Millercarbon's thread about the Moab speakers, and I wanted to pursue the subject further without interfering with his thread.
As I stated there, I have heard about this practice for quite a few years, but never tried it because it seemed like one of those lunatic fringe ideas; and even though I actually really enjoy trying tweaks, and have found many of them effective, I just was not prepared for what this one did for the music coming out of my speakers. 
Specifically, it improved the detail in ambient trails, focus in general, complex harmonics in voices and stringed instruments, and instrumental separation. It is not subtle, and it is immediately noticeable.
So, I am curious to know how many of you out there have tried this, and what your experience has been.
Thanks, John  
128x128roxy54
cd318..Talk about don't go mad... I was a little confused, but I was actually defending you by telling other people to not attack and make fun of you, but instead give you a chance to explain yourself. Please re-read my post. You said Alan Shaw at Harbeth recommended finger tight. Now you say Shaw recommends no more pressure than is necessary to meet resistance, which makes perfect sense and sounds like we're now using a screwdriver. The problem was that I took you literally meaning using your fingers to tighten the screws. OK, stupid me. But you have to admit your choice of words could have been better.
cd318,
What are you talking about? Who said anything about second guessing the speaker manufacturer? It's just a tweak, and it works. There is no way that it is going to "ruin" speakers unless it is not done with reasonable care which is easy. I did 32 screws in about 30 minutes.
You're getting way too excited. 
Tash Goka of Reference 3A thoughtfully uses brass screws. I believe for resonance "control" and do not see reason to doubt his findings for his speakers. For me that is just more evidence the certain quest for the neutral, perfect stereo is a bit foolish. There is always something.  The Reflector is some nice speaker; never heard a monitor dwarf the sound of a floor stander from the same company like that.    
"It's just a tweak, and it works".
So speaker companies like B&W and Revel wanted to save money on screws or just just never heard of this little tweak that would make their 20K speakers sound better. I'm sure at the next R&D meeting someone will have to answer for this. Are you kidding?
tobor007,
No, are you? There are many useful improvements that speaker companies don't include with their speakers for reasons like cost, and aesthetics.