One Channel of Magnepan Mini Maggie sounds lower than the other

As per the title, the output of one channel of the high frequency panels is much lower that the other. The difference between the two high frequency panels is considerable such that I have to compensate this by using the balance knob in the preamplifier with several clicks! Anyways I would like to know if there is something I can do to fix this unbalance problem with the high frequency problems. Hope someone can point me in the right direction in order to solve this issue.  

Thanks in advance for your help!
R.

tiofelon
Thanks Tim for your advise. As it happens, I just changed speakers, and then I notice the imbalance between the two mid/high frequency panels of the Mini Maggies. Everything is the same and the system was working just fine. Same source, rca cables, speakers cables, power cables, speakers. So I think the problem lies in the mid/high panel. But I am not sure what could it be.   
The mini maggies are dipoles and very sensitive to position.  Were the speakers they replaced also dipoles?  Is the proximity of the left and right channel mid/high panels to the walls similar (e.g., is one much closer to a wall or corner than the other)?  To check if placement might be a factor, keep all of the connections the same but switch the speakers left/right.  If the same side is still lower in volume then the imbalance is likely to be caused by speaker position.  Keep in mind also that the crossover point between the bass panel and the mid/high panels is relatively high so if the bass panel is sited more closely to one mid/high panel than the other that may also contribute to a perceived imbalance.  
Well I check the distance between speakers and walls and everything is symmetric. That is why I have no clue about this imbalance in sound from the mid/high frequency panels. 
Have you checked the tweeter fuse?

If you don't have a spare try swapping them from speaker to speaker.

Also remove and reinstall the tweeter bar/connector on the back of the problematic speaker.

DeKay
DeKay, I did change the fuse in the bad panel and to my surprise now both speakers play at the same level!!! Thank you very much for your help.

R.