Distance from the front not the rear wall?

What´s the optimun distance from the front wall (lisener seat) to the speakers? A lot has been said about the distance from the speakers to the rear wall, but no much regarding the distance from the lisener seat to the speakers. I ask because my seat is located against the front wall and I wonder if the sound (direct from the speakers and the sound reflected from all surfaces) that hear is "blurred" due to this reflexions. Should I put my seat at the same distance I have placed the speakers from the rear wall? Thanks in advance for your comments.
tiofelon
You need a minimum of 4 feet and 8 feet is a lot better between the listener and any walls. After about 8 feet it really does not matter that much (diminishing returns).

If you cannot get at least 4 feet between you and the wall behind your head then you can reduce the problematic reflections by putting up some RPG skylines or heavy curtains.

Do not under estimate how bad teh wall behind your head can sound. It can ruin the bass and it will totally ruin imaging and soundstage - the sound will be claustrophobic and fatiguing. Those who cannot hear the deleterious effects of walls near the listening position should seriously consider whether it is even worth investing in high end gear.
You need to treat the wall behind your listening position. I have used ASC products for this with excellent results.
It's best to have the listner away from the back wall as Shadorne mentions. But if you cant then putting the listener right against a treated back wall can be a very close 2nd best. When right up against the wall the reflections are not delayed enough to cause blurring.
I use GIK products for treating the wall directly behind me (aka the back wall).
Yup, the front wall is behind the speakers; the rear wall is behind the listener. It's the front and the rear of the ROOM.