Tin Foil Hat Audio

As I read the discussions about questionable tweaks I often have to remind myself that just because I can’t hear it doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Just because there is no instrument capable of objectively quantifying a difference doesn’t mean it isn’t there. Just because there is no generally accepted physical mechanism to account for a difference doesn’t mean it isn’t there. 

I think I owe an apology to psychics, mediums, and witches among others. Maybe they also perceive things I just can’t. 

Is it shiny side in or out when making a tin foil hat? How many layers? 
cat_doorman
Gentlemen,
No one is addressing the OP's  question.
It's shiny side out, four layers for heavy duty foil, seven layers for the regular strength.
I prefer the no stick foil because if any spells or bad juju manages to penetrate the layers, they have a tendency to simply slide off before they can penetrate your brain. It's also fun to shape it like a little ship...
There is something more powerful than the placebo effect. How much did you pay for that tin foil? Or what brand of tin foil did you buy? By the way, what a delightful thread with such measured, or should I say unmeasured responses. 
I put shiny side in for middle course of rib cooking.
Maybe it's just superstition.
Shiny side in or out is a matter of taste. Personally I prefer two-tone with the top of the brim shiny side out and the rest shiny side in. As usual it falls to me to explain the most important factor in tinfoil hats, the pre-crinkling. Scientific studies prove pre-crinkling the foil before shaping reduces tearing, improves shaping, and provides increased durability.  

Also too many take the simplistic approach with just one layer. The best tinfoil hats are three layer laminate with the middle being a Faraday cage. 
Is there a laboratory instrument that can measure emotional response?
I don't know why I generally am more engaged when listening to vinyl over digital formats... I can't hear an audible difference.