Has anyone used an Audio Technica 6006 to raise the tonearm when the side is over?

I saw a post a few days ago about someone who had end of side anxiety and saw that this product eliminates this.
Question 1: Has anyone used this device with a Rega P8? I know some models of this kind of device don't work with Rega tables.
Question 2: Would you recommend it?
Question 3: Why wouldn't the TT manufacturers at least offer it as an option? Are they joined at the hip with the cartridge makers?
sokogear
The tru lift is a good alternative to the AT6006. Also, LittleFwend is nice. However if you place the lift inside the hole, you may need to readjust the setting anytime you move the turntable. While cleaning or dusting under the table for example. If you don't mind that minor inconvenience then go for it! A good tonearm lift alleviates the burden of being a prisioner of manual tonearms...
Thanks. I don’t plan on moving it and my cleaning lady knows not to touch anything. I can’t see adjusting it to be much of an issue in such a small space.

Haven’t heard of Little Fwend-I have to check it out.
Little Fwend is changing model for the Rega and you can't talk to them. Lady at Integrity HiFi is great (they make the TruLift)- instructions didn't mention adjusting the height, which took 2 seconds. Positioning it was tricky, but it is fantastic. Doing it a second time would take 5 minutes or less.

It is not for the faint of heart at $309, but you can relax for a minute if you need to when the side ends instead of rushing to catch it. They work for all turntables, custom built for VPI, Technics....
Also Integrity HiFI has a new tonearm that does not touch the plinth and she was fanatical about it. Said it makes a $500 cartridge sound as good as a several thousand dollar one. Has no bearings at all, based on a cord. Said she can't keep up with demand and VPI is scared to death of it.

It starts at $4500 though....if I had a mega bucks system like some of the Audiogoners with multi arm tables etc., I would definitely try it out.