Has anyone used an Audio Technica 6006 to raise the tonearm when the side is over?

I saw a post a few days ago about someone who had end of side anxiety and saw that this product eliminates this.
Question 1: Has anyone used this device with a Rega P8? I know some models of this kind of device don't work with Rega tables.
Question 2: Would you recommend it?
Question 3: Why wouldn't the TT manufacturers at least offer it as an option? Are they joined at the hip with the cartridge makers?
sokogear
I recently purchased a Rega Planar 8 with Apheta 3. I also added the AT6006 tone arm lift. It works great! The spacers are not needed as the main unit fits nicely on the Rega arm brace. Highly recommended. Purchased the AT6006 on Amazon however other retailers also sell it. There are probably lots of reasons why manufacturers dont include a tone arm lift but my guess is just the added cost. Have fun!
Thanks. Are there any negatives like interfering when the dust cover is on? Can you please send a couple pictures please with it off and on?

How  do you like the Apheta 3? What was your previous cartridge/tt?

thanks again.
Right, forgot to mention you can't use the Rega dust cover with the tone arm lift. I purchased a Pro-ject dustcover for the RPM1 RPM3. Works great with the Planar8 and tone arm lift. Not sure how to send pics. Apheta 3 is very nice. Prev combo was VPI Classic Sig and Ortofon Candenza Bronze. Also very detailed and clean, maybe a tad warmer then the Apheta. 
Thanks. I guess I’ll live with the end of side anxiety because I really like the way the dust cover works with the P8 and also the way it looks.
Hey lanman - just found a product called tru lift that has a special model for the P8 and P10 that doesn't touch the plinth (entire unit is inside the hole between the arm and the platter on whatever the tt sits on) and the top is under the dust cover. It's #4 with 2xs base. A little pricey at $309, but I am considering it. Its stainless steel and supposedly very smooth and solid.  https://www.integrityhifi.ca/tru-lift
The tru lift is a good alternative to the AT6006. Also, LittleFwend is nice. However if you place the lift inside the hole, you may need to readjust the setting anytime you move the turntable. While cleaning or dusting under the table for example. If you don't mind that minor inconvenience then go for it! A good tonearm lift alleviates the burden of being a prisioner of manual tonearms...
Thanks. I don’t plan on moving it and my cleaning lady knows not to touch anything. I can’t see adjusting it to be much of an issue in such a small space.

Haven’t heard of Little Fwend-I have to check it out.
Little Fwend is changing model for the Rega and you can't talk to them. Lady at Integrity HiFi is great (they make the TruLift)- instructions didn't mention adjusting the height, which took 2 seconds. Positioning it was tricky, but it is fantastic. Doing it a second time would take 5 minutes or less.

It is not for the faint of heart at $309, but you can relax for a minute if you need to when the side ends instead of rushing to catch it. They work for all turntables, custom built for VPI, Technics....
Also Integrity HiFI has a new tonearm that does not touch the plinth and she was fanatical about it. Said it makes a $500 cartridge sound as good as a several thousand dollar one. Has no bearings at all, based on a cord. Said she can't keep up with demand and VPI is scared to death of it.

It starts at $4500 though....if I had a mega bucks system like some of the Audiogoners with multi arm tables etc., I would definitely try it out.