Is Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) sexist?

Believe our addictive hobby is primarily male dominated. The technical aspects seem to appeal more to men. Or is that in and of itself sexist. There are now a few knowledgeable and astute women reviewers. I am always intrigued by the comments off the few women who identify themselves by name on the Forum. One in particular is quite long winded. I'm sure this has nothing to do with her sex. Although he/she has a name which could be male or female. I always love it when my wife comes to look at the record sleeve of the vinyl playing and rely on her opinion of the fidelity. Not to mention desire and count on her approval of new purchases. But is she also addicted? I don't think so. Does that have anything to do with being a woman. I don't think so. Does she care about the fine nuances? She says not. I would love to hear from women and anyone on this. WAF? I care a lot what things look like. HAF?

mglik
I had the B&O 5000 many years ago while I was movin' on up. Sanford & Son would have my first system. (not being racist). I grew up in the home antique business. I hobbled together a free system from stuff of various old houses. HealthKit mono integrated and RCA (branded) similar amp. Electrovoice Corner can (wolverine) and a bass guitar combo cab (removed head) with spliced outdoor p.a.horn for hf. Garrard TT with radio shack Y adapter. My most proud of system!!! All FUN Lou!!
The first time i have dream to be a billionaire i was dreaming that, not only for the money to buy illimited amount of books and music, i wanted the best audio system in the world to play with....At this time i was sure that only a very big amount of money would make me able to enjoy that...

Today i know better, and i can afford for myself the books and music i badly need, and i own an especially good audio system, a very good one but at very low cost, thanks to my homemade creations and own method to embed righfully any audio system (mechanically, electrically and acoustically) and make it able to delivers the good... A method of experimental listenings is not a bunch of unrelated costly tweaks by the way, it is a method; no tweaks are a method, they are ready made costly very partial solutions...Anyway....

I wrote this post to say that for the second time of my life i want to becomes a billionnaire, if Sean Penn can marry a 27 years old woman , me i want this one:

(ADULT ONLY) Tanerélle Stephens aka Mama Saturn ( one of the most cool singer there is ever , feminine essence manifested, :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i2XUrySbdUE

I promise this times i will takes account of the wife factor totally and completely....

And all of you stay clear of this woman....
:)

I must confess that i interupt my 30 hours listening of Bach Cantatas with Richter because of Tanerélle....I am perhaps more a mammal than i can myself admit to be even to myself....

):

Bottom line, WAF speaks of
1.  the one who is NOT (so much) into music,
2.  the one who is NOT buying equipment and placing it in the main living space (dedicated listening spaces only need the main listener's approval)
3.  the one who is NOT tweaking for the best possible sound and
4.  the one who is NOT placing room treatments.
Acceptance factor is no longer limited to wives. So I don't think we're dealing with a sexist term but more accurately an outdated one. The term is familiar so it lives on. I'm a (female) wife and the one who does all the things I've listed above. My (male) husband, 2 thumbs up. He say's I have a nice hobby.

Hope I'm not the long winded one alluded to by the OP  :)