New analog rig(t.t.,tonearm,phono drive)

My current analog rig is a Basis 2001 w/ fluid suspension/Rega RB900/Benz Micro Wood M2/McCormack Micro Phono Drive. I like the Basis 2001 but I want to upgrade several levels up. Basis themselves and 2 Basis dealers suggested getting the Vector 4 tonearm. While that is definitely a good recommendation, they also recommend adding the Calibrator Base.
I think the Basis motor is high torque. But, to get the Calibration Base and possibly the Cable Isolation System(around $3,000) along with the Vector 4($6,000) will cost around $9,000 total. With any substantial upgrade I do believe it is time to upgrade from my McCormack Micro Phono Drive as well....That is why I was considering the Vertere MG-1/SG-1/PHONO-1 rig as all of that, even with a tonearm wiring upgrade to hand built, is in the $10,000-$11,000 ballpark which is my budget for the upgrades. I am sure I can sell my Basis 2001/RB900/McCormack phono drive so maybe I could raise my budget a little.

Vertere design is very different than Basis as far metal(w/acrylic mat) vs. acrylic platter, recommendation of no use of a record clamp, motor on the plinth and
lack of suspension(I believe)...I have a 200+ pound Sound Anchors rack so suspension may be less a factor to consider?....Or I could use an isolation platform...And Vertere’s tonearm, while it looks like a uni pivot, Vertere says it definitely is not...

So, while I am open to any other gear, up for consideration is the Vertere MG-1/SG-1 w/ HB wiring/PHONO-1 for $10,000-$11,000 or The Calibrator Base/Cable Iso System, Vector 4, new phono drive for $10,000-$11,000. That just seems a lot to spend to upgrade a 2001.

I’ve never read a bad thing about Basis and my current system has served me well. And I’ve read very good things about Vertere; that this rig combination sounds incredible....But I value the opinions here.
I’ve read several posts from Basis owners but none regarding the U.K’s Vertere...Have any posters here looked into/heard about or own a Vertere system? All feedback is greatly appreciated.
vinylshadow
Thank you for your thorough explanation. While this is sorta new to me, I am trying to do as much research as possible.

You are correct about the Basis pods. When I push the plinth down, I hear metal on metal contact inside the pods. It must be the springs I’m feeling.

Your advice is solid. So, if I go beyond the OL Conqueror and Herron VTPH2A, considering I want/need to upgrade anyhow, which t.t.’s jive best with those 2. Or, which ones would be a good choice?

If you believe that arms should be made by tonearm companies and t.t.’s by t.t. companies and considering how you feel about all in ones, taking into account that Touraj of Vertere started out making t.t.’s with the Roksan and should know analog pretty well, where does your thoughts fall on Vertere? That the turntable is good? But the tonearm maybe not as good?

If I need to stay below a certain budget, the $1000 Vertere phono-1 may be good enough a phono drive..
@vinylshadow  Roksan  still makes the Xerxes20plus, which I think is still as good as the Vertere Mg 1. They recently intruduced a new unipivot arm with it called SARA, not the old entry Nima.  But you could also get the table with no arm and get the OL Conqueror with it or the audio origami p7 which I heard is very good. Also the Xerxes tonearm board is decoupled from the plinth and you could order the table for any other tonearm hole, I use mine this days with a SMEV.
Thanks @cardani. I’ve looked at the Xerxes20 plus before. It’s a nice t.t.. Decoupling everywhere....

You’d think that Touraj would have taken all the good design in it and put it into the MG-1... I’ve had my Basis 2001 for 20 years so I’m learning on the fly. Looking at pictures of the MG-1, it appears that the Vertere MG-1 has the tonearm decoupled from the plinth but coupled to the spindle. I think.

The MG-1 is a very attractive t.t.. It seems that the MG-1/SG-1/PHONO-1 might give the biggest bang for the buck without sacrificing on the sonics.

Another attractive t.t. but more costly is the Oracle Audio Delphi MK VI Classic T.T.. Man, that is one beautiful turntable. Might be the only T.T. I’d even consider blowing my budget on. But, how much is too much when it comes to spending $ on a T.T....Somebody posted that in their opinion, sound is influenced 70% by the cartridge; 20% by the phono stage and 10% by the tonearm and table. Don’t know if that is correct though...

Not that there isn’t better gear at the price but all the reviews I’ve read about the Vertere trio have been very complimentary about and the sound. But I’m still considering options....
"Somebody posted that in their opinion, sound is influenced 70% by the cartridge; 20% by the phono stage and 10% by the tonearm and table. Don’t know if that is correct though... "

It is their opinion, but I don't agree. Most of the money for my analog system, until recently was in the TT, now it has a better arm, which made a real improvement. A good cartridge in a great tonearm can sound very good, but a great cartridge in a good tonearm will never sound great.
Yeah. It sounded off to me as well.

Just read up on the Audio Note TT3. Suspended turntable with 3 motors.
I've never seen a T.T. with 2 motors let alone 3. Looks impressive.

While I still haven't made up my mind, I think things are becoming clearer.