Is Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF) sexist?

Believe our addictive hobby is primarily male dominated. The technical aspects seem to appeal more to men. Or is that in and of itself sexist. There are now a few knowledgeable and astute women reviewers. I am always intrigued by the comments off the few women who identify themselves by name on the Forum. One in particular is quite long winded. I'm sure this has nothing to do with her sex. Although he/she has a name which could be male or female. I always love it when my wife comes to look at the record sleeve of the vinyl playing and rely on her opinion of the fidelity. Not to mention desire and count on her approval of new purchases. But is she also addicted? I don't think so. Does that have anything to do with being a woman. I don't think so. Does she care about the fine nuances? She says not. I would love to hear from women and anyone on this. WAF? I care a lot what things look like. HAF?

mglik
Chances are, only one of you in the household is an audiophile and cares one whit about how your music sounds. Chances are the other person does care about how your home looks. And heck. Maybe you do too?

I live in a 100 year old Craftsman bungalow and run a pair of Linkwitz Orion loudspeakers. As this is a hi-end DIY system, and I’m not the world’s best cabinet maker, I hired a local pro to make mine up in a Mission style, to go with the house, instead of the more Danish Modern look of the original. The difference in sound is minimal. Few audiophile visitors leave without envy. And the system looks great.

There really is no need to have to live with $30,000 monkey coffins.

Both of my ex wifes loved music ,they just hated how much vinyl and cds I bought .Let's go into the equipment factor....
@russbutton 

I live in a 100 year old Craftsman bungalow and run a pair of Linkwitz Orion loudspeakers. As this is a hi-end DIY system, and I’m not the world’s best cabinet maker, I hired a local pro to make mine up in a Mission style, to go with the house, instead of the more Danish Modern look of the original. The difference in sound is minimal. Few audiophile visitors leave without envy. And the system looks great.

Bravo, nicely done sir. As a residential/architectural designer, you have done a wonderful job incorporating not only the speakers, but also the ‘rack’ into the style of your home. Looks great, well done.