Most organic / real / analogue sounding DAC (ideally with Volume Control) for $1500??????

I’d say I’m completely jaded with digital Hifi.   All sounds so thin & clinical.

I people raving about Benchmark DACs & Chord Mojos etc. They sound like hell to me.   Nothing at all like real live voices & instruments.

I’ve been reading about R2R Ladders & NOS.   The descriptions match what I’m looking for.   I want natural sound that makes me forget about Hifi & just listen to the music.
like Reel to Reel without the faff.

Lifelike is my aim, but I certainly prefer a warm, dark sound over clinical.

Don't need a load of inputs.  Only need 2 or 3.
I don’t have any analog sources, so prefer the DAC to have Volume Control to eliminate the need for a Pre Amp.   However, if the best sounding DACs don’t have Volume Control & there are clear sonic benefits to having a Preamp, then I could be persuaded.

I’m in UK btw, so need brands that ship to UK.

Suggestions please?

Thanks

singintheblues
I probably have to agree with 3 easy on this one. Chord and Benchmark are two of my go to brands. I'd love to spring for a dCS system but can't swing it right now financially.
I’m in a good position, given I sold all my expensive gear when I became jaded with Hifi.    I’m now left with just a few cheap bits.   An old Quad 34 Pre & 606.2 amp, and a little pair of Ruark speakers.

The Denafrips Ares is sounding nice even in that setup.

So I’ve got a blank canvas.   I’ll be demoing Amps & Speakers.   Trying to be sure to get the right match this time.

I’m borrowing a Khozmo Passive Pre next week.
Schiit Audio Yggdrasil GS. 1600.00 new.
Been using one for quite awhile. Slight warmth, lots of resolution, BIG sound.
My system details are posted here. In this system zero complaints.
What could you be listening to that makes "all digital sound thin and critical"? It hasn't been for many years- def not a result of being digital. I'd look at other areas of your system and room first that can have a much more heavy handed impact on brightness, bass etc. chances are really high its not your DAC. 
What could you be listening to that makes "all digital sound thin and critical"? It hasn't been for many years- def not a result of being digital. I'd look at other areas of your system and room first that can have a much more heavy handed impact on brightness, bass etc. chances are really high its not your DAC.