Primaluna EVO 300/400 Preamplifier owners - let's hear from you

I'm curious if anyone owns the EVO 300 or 400 Preamps. Besides what your thoughts are on the sonics I would like to know how it is to live with on a daily basis.

Any issues with powering on/off if your amp is already on? Trying to understand order of operations and how sensitive a process powering on is.

How is the volume control to work with via remote? Can you you get very fine adjustments, or is that only possible with the knob on the unit?

Any thoughts on the Balanced vs Single Ended outputs (for the EVO 400)?
Anyone pair it with a SS amp with good results?

Do the Tape outputs work flawlessly?

Please add anything else you think is of note!

Thanks!
shahram
@rzromp

Thanks for the feedback. Your full tube setup sounds enticing!

How is the volume control via remote? Does it do incremental adjustments well? What kind of music do you listen to mostly?
Yes, I use the original tubes and it is very quiet. I only use the remote which is extremely substantial. The volume adjustments are very incremental allowing a lot of adjustment flexibility. I do have a setting where the volume is a little lower than I prefer whereas the next higher setting is a little too loud. I actually prefer the louder setting.

I like music that has a lot of background information because it is now more noticeable. Eric Clapton, the Band, Grateful Dead, Rush, the Beatles, and a lot of other seventies rock bands. The more detail that is generally indiscernible, the better. I’m noticing sounds that I didn’t notice before. I do think that the build is substantial and even though it has a unique appearance, I like it. You can certainly see a lot of tube presence. 
I have been an Evo 400 preamp owner, for 2 mo's. It is is the best preamp I have ever owned, by a wide margin. I have owned 3 others. I use Shunyata PC's on my amp ( SS class AB) and the evo 400, and my source streamer ( Uses Shunyata black Mamba PC) . I also use an oppo bdp 105 modified by Modwright with a tube circuit. It uses a shunyata sidewinder Gold on the outboard tube power supply, and a PS audio pc on the 105. Speakers are B&W Nautilus 805 signature 805. I have never enjoyed the music more. I used Upscale audio's 60 day trial, and I never sent it back. My ears don't lie to me,  whatever the opinions on theses forums say. 40+ yrs in this hobby listening. 

I have used Single ended and Balaced IC's with my Evo 400. The balanced perform much better in my system..I heard noise with the RCA, that disappears with the Balanced IC's. I am using Shunyata Venom digital RCA, and Shunyata Venom XLR with NAD c 658 streamer source. 
I turn on the Evo 400 with the volume turned off.  Amplifier 1st or Evo 400 1st doesn't seem to matter. The Evo 400 has a timer to let the tubes warm, before allowing the source to connect.