Is ebay feedback worth anything on Audiogon?

I guess I'm curious as to the value of stating "check my feedback on ebay" when someone has little or no audiogon feedback history. While I may be cautious of new sellers here (it doesn't mean I won't buy from them, I do and we were all new once), sending me to ebay for feedback usually turns me away from the ad. I don't buy or sell on ebay because it's such a scammers paradise. Does ebay feedback matter?
Another thing while I'm up at 4am, how hard is it to put the "New Retail" price in the ad? Items that are 4-5 years old I understand, memory fades, but something bought within the last year or within the last month? If I have to do the seller's reseach in this regard, I skip the ad. All of those boxes are there to fill out to help sellers. The more information, the better.
It's 5:30 now and I guess I'll get some coffee. Good morning everybody.
mt10425
Do you think the OP is following this 15 year old thread? If he is he sure got plenty of time on his hands!
Ha ha, in the 15 years since this thread was started - eBay feedback got even less useful because sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for the buyer.

About a month ago, I had an item listed on eBay for $1800. Buyer made me a $1500 which I immediately accepted... then nothing. Never paid. All I could do was wait 10 days to close the case and get my fees credited. Couldn't leave the buyer negative feedback. eBay will "punish" them only if they do that 2 or 3 times in like a 3 month timespan... so basically, there is nothing you can do when someone doesn't pay and you can't even warn the community with bad feedback.

That said, I still get a warmer, fuzzier feeling when someone with 500 feedback bids on my $2k item than someone with no feedback.

A new problem is that no one leaves feedback any more. I only have 1 audiogon sale and didn't get any feedback. On another site, I've done about $8k in purchases recently and no one has left me any feedback there either... heck they don't even show up in my transaction record!
Do you think the OP is following this 15 year old thread? If he is he sure got plenty of time on his hands!
Unfortunately it appears that Limomangus is trying to resurrect every old thread still in existence.......
A new problem is that no one leaves feedback any more.
As a 20 year eBay "veteran " I would have to disagree somewhat with that.
From what I see it is only the newcomers who cant be bothered to leave feedback, the old school still do on a regular basis.
And they still outweigh those who do not leave feedback.
From what I see it is only the newcomers who cant be bothered to leave feedback, the old school still do on a regular basis.
And they still outweigh those who do not leave feedback.
I would agree except there are a lot of newcomers on eBay now. I would estimate out of my last 50 transactions, I probably only received feedback on around 1/2 to 2/3 of them. Currently a tad over 400 on eBay. I'm 0 for 1 on audiogon and 0 for 2 on usaudiomart.